• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 12, 2022

    Guild Wars Big bang theory season 2 episode 20...... just seeing this for the first time. My favorite campaign!

    Guild Wars Big bang theory season 2 episode 20...... just seeing this for the first time. My favorite campaign!


    Big bang theory season 2 episode 20...... just seeing this for the first time. My favorite campaign!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 09:20 PM PST

    My strange journey (back) to Guild Wars

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 10:17 AM PST

    It was probably very early in this game's life that I first heard about it from a friend. Like it was yesterday I remember him describing me necromancer's touch spells. I all "Woah!" and "Really?!" and "That's cool!". Back then I was poor, my computer was garbage and dial up internet was... there. All I could do was visit some brown or beige coloured website that displayed that (to me) iconic profile of a bone dragon and read about latest best pvp guild with a picture of proud guild members posing for a shoot. I was so envious! I decided to swallow all my desires to play the game and moved on. But always in the back of my mind the game remained as something strangely appealing and unique. Years passed and I played some mmos of that era like Knight Online and Shadowbane. They were free and free was all I could afford.

    Then one day I an announcement came that Anet is releasing Guild Wars 2 and that hard copies will be available for purchase in Serbia. I was ecstatic! All the memories of me wanting to play Guild Wars came flooding back! I had the money, the rig and the cable! Choo choo! This is where I was going to jump on board! I watched every promo video, every TotalBisquit's profession presentation, fapped over Mo's manifesto. I was ready to play!

    And I did up until a month ago. I preordered latest expansion EoD, but was hugely disappointed with presentation streams that showed next to nothing and I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be more of the same... I'd rather watch ten hours of geriatric sex on repeat than another one of those snore fests... So I decided to punish them by leaving Guild Wars 2 and immediately buying Guild Wars complete edition and 2 extra character slots! Thake that, Anet! >:(

    So here I am, happy, in a land long imagined. I have most of my chars at lvl20 and decently geared for someone fairly new and I feel like I just sipped a drop of water with a whole ocean in front of me. Every time before I fire up the game I decide how I feel and play corresponding character.

    What gets me the most about this game is the people. Not because they are showering me constantly with ecto and platinum but because everyone is so friendly. Whenever I talk to someone it feels like I've known that person my whole life. It feels like home!

    If you've reached the end of this overly long and unnecessary post I thank you for your time. I don't usually post on reddit, nor do I gush over things easily, but for Guild Wars it felt right. I've also uploaded some pictures I took throughout my journey, but 20 is the limit. Hopefully I didn't fuck it up.

    Cheers!

    edit: I fucked it up...

    https://imgur.com/a/Pghhd1m

    submitted by /u/Sightless_Prophet
    [link] [comments]

    Are you for or against this theoretical spell addition?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2022 04:46 AM PST

    Illusion magic spell, target enemy is disoriented and AI scattering is disabled.

    Energy storage glyph that masks the next ability cast or next cast spell disorients target, same deal.

    Would this be good for Eles and Smiters, are you for or against it?

    Just curious to hear what people's thoughts are, and if it would be good or bad for the game.

    submitted by /u/seiferthanseifer
    [link] [comments]

    Me/E Signet of Illusion UW Wastes Farmer Test Build

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 10:37 AM PST

    Nightfall Completed on my Fresh Account Hardcore Ironman

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 08:02 AM PST

    Nightfall Completed on my Fresh Account Hardcore Ironman

    Follow-up to my previous posts: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars/comments/qd15mb/finished_prophecies_on_my_fresh_account_hardcore/

    https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars/comments/qvn77d/factions_completed_on_my_fresh_account_hardcore/

    Taking away from my (now dusty and sitting on the shelf) Hardcore Ironman in Old School Runescape, I'm doing a full Hardcore Ironman playthrough on a fresh account. Nightfall was a bit different due the availability of Heroes. I opted to go with what was used in the era and run a maximum of 3 heroes, using only skills available on my character, no account unlocks.

    If you look on the previous posts, you can see I was playing a Mesmer, who died due to a dumb mistake on my part in Moddok Crevice (of all places), I took a screenshot as I died but unfortunately it doesn't clearly display what happened.

    I restarted as an Ele after dabbling in a few other professions, and ran through all 3 campaigns. Oddly enough, Ele was a lot easier in some spots due to abusing Henchman AI with Wards. I slept through missions like Hell's Precipice, Tahnnakai Temple and Imperial Sanctum, which gave my Mesmer some difficulty, but I had some serious problems with Eternal Grove master's and a few missions in Nightfall.

    Anyway, onto EotN, then I will be attempting WiK and WoC deathless, and if I get to that point we'll see how far I can get in Hardmode before getting one-shotted, then maybe dabble in some solo ironman runs.

    https://preview.redd.it/uhalch6d03b81.jpg?width=1068&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=56762801c24c5866d9e24ce9d826e1d0a9fc1f06

    https://preview.redd.it/ysyaxkaf03b81.jpg?width=1231&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=15b6e70a53b1ca64fc785d2553342e47f19846e0

    https://preview.redd.it/rol7iv7h03b81.jpg?width=1055&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=572e668812b5020f1e83e11afdecbee4070c8823

    submitted by /u/Proud_Hovercraft4238
    [link] [comments]

    Old school Guild Wars screenshots

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 12:33 AM PST

    Here are some old Guild Wars screenshots. Does anyone else have good ones to share?

    Old School Guild Wars screenshots

    submitted by /u/Sourbreaker
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any mods that replace the gw login background?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 12:24 PM PST

    I was curious if any progress was made in getting the factions one back

    submitted by /u/AlanWatts_Chillstep
    [link] [comments]

    Farming in 2022? / Is my 55Mo still useful?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 09:36 AM PST

    I re-downloaded and found my old account, I have a tentative goal of completing Nightfall & EotN, since I have completed Prophecies and Factions in the past.

    I want some money and rare crafting materials for armors. I have a 55 monk I built in like 2009 probably. Is it still useful? When I solo farm with it, do I add heroes or just go truly solo like I used to? I notably don't want to use the monk to complete Nightfall & EotN because that doesn't sound fun to me. I think all I ever farmed with it was hydras and the Ascalon ruins in HM.

    Side note, are any of those birthday presents worth anything? I got the illuminati eye pet and I'm happy to sell it if it'll help me get somewhere.

    submitted by /u/fkwillrice
    [link] [comments]

    Account not avaliable to play?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 08:56 AM PST

    I haven't played in a couple of days and now my steam account says i dont own the game. Any ideas on how to solve this?

    submitted by /u/pterodactylplz
    [link] [comments]

    I like that this message goes up to counting weeks

    Posted: 10 Jan 2022 11:14 AM PST

    Quick! What should I tell this guy in my alliance?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2022 06:38 PM PST

    Do people do anniversary skill runs?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2022 11:44 PM PST

    I'm wanting to get the necro skill, but don't fancy waiting until April. Do people do runs with a proof of triumph to help people get the skills? If so, at what cost?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Teddybassman
    [link] [comments]

    Solo Sin progresses WiK after 4+ months of being stuck

    Posted: 10 Jan 2022 10:43 AM PST

    Question about bonus objectives in missions

    Posted: 10 Jan 2022 04:18 PM PST

    Hey there! Currently working on the ruins of sarnia quest, just started gw1 for the first time to get hall of monuments done and I died after completing the bonus and got sent back to the outpost, to have that count do I need to redo the whole following the flame guys and redo the bonus or can I just finish the mission and have it count as I really don't wanna have to do that bit again lol!

    submitted by /u/GoddessKathleen111
    [link] [comments]

    The Ascalon Eden Formula

    Posted: 10 Jan 2022 12:55 PM PST

    got my account back

    Posted: 09 Jan 2022 10:36 PM PST

    After sending and receiving a few email to Anet i got my old ccount back..... It is so legendary. Im going to make a new char and gonna play it from front to end! Prolly a Necro.....

    Haha, these memeories!

    submitted by /u/SnooRadishes9447
    [link] [comments]

    Player Matchmaking Thread

    Posted: 10 Jan 2022 01:12 PM PST

    I'm not sure if this already exists, I think the community would seriously benefit from a place to look for partners to play with. I really enjoy the social aspect of the game but pugs and joining enormous alliances are pretty flawed ways of finding people you really vibe and enjoy the game with. I think this is especially good for more casual players, but not exclusively. So why don't we find each other? (Mods, if this already exists or is against the rules or whatever, just permaban me and throw me into the sun.)

    Each person give us a bit of a profile about themselves, then anyone interested in playing with them can PM and find out their IGN. (Or you can put your IGN in your post. You might get some odd PMs that way & I still get the heebie jeebies from when our IGN was our last line of security defense, but it'll be a much wider net, so you do you.)

    So, fill/add/remove anything you see fit:

    About me (including RL info, if you wish):
    Timezone:
    How often you play:
    Looking for (what you want in a partner):
    Playstyle (casual? SCs? just learning the game for the first time?):

    submitted by /u/throwaway453872359
    [link] [comments]

    Free unids to ID!

    Posted: 10 Jan 2022 07:19 AM PST

    Got over 60 unids from the Scam Chest that are clogging up my inventory. And since I don't need any more Wisdom title points, I'm offering them to anyone who still needs to max this title.

    This it how it works:

    - you whisper me @ Antigone Amidala in-game- I trade you the items- you ID said items, and trade them back- I merch them- if you want to keep any of them, just ask

    I am online now, so give me a shout as soon as you're able. First come, first serve. o7

    EDIT: Sigon Kira came online and got all the goodies. Stay tuned for more in the near future.

    submitted by /u/CataphractGW
    [link] [comments]

    What stops you from getting a new daily mission?

    Posted: 10 Jan 2022 12:21 PM PST

    Couldn't think how to word this in the title, so here's what happened.

    'Yesterday' (earlier today) I saw that 'tomorrow' (later today, after daily reset) it was going to be Imperial Sanctum. I still had that zmission on most of my characters, so I ran through it on them all and completed it, then picked up Borlis Pass to fill up the slot.

    Just now, I signed on to get rid of Borlis Pass and pick up Imperial Sanctum, but I could only see Imperial Sanctum on half my characters.

    What is it that determines whether you can pick up the mission or not?

    submitted by /u/TurquoiseLuck
    [link] [comments]

    Trying for the hall of monuments!

    Posted: 10 Jan 2022 01:52 PM PST

    Hey guys, been playing gw2 for some time and decided to start it's predecessor, I plan on playing the full campaign but wondering if you have any tips on getting those 30 points. Keep in mind it's a first go at the original so I'm a little clueless 😅

    submitted by /u/GoddessKathleen111
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment