• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 7, 2021

    Guild Wars God freakin damn I can't find this last Minotaur patrol.. saw him earlier and it just sprinted off out of my reach. Look at the map time in the screenshot too..

    Guild Wars God freakin damn I can't find this last Minotaur patrol.. saw him earlier and it just sprinted off out of my reach. Look at the map time in the screenshot too..


    God freakin damn I can't find this last Minotaur patrol.. saw him earlier and it just sprinted off out of my reach. Look at the map time in the screenshot too..

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    Completed Prophecies - Solo Ironman Elementalist

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 06:33 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    First, the proof: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5PqfoM9txHZFzFWvVn-tCw

    Second of all, let me just say this was a very fun challenge. Frustrating, yes. But also fun. I'd like to talk about how this all came about.

    I didn't plan to do this challenge, it just sort of happened. About 6 months ago, I was browsing guildwars on twitch on a weekend and saw someone trying Kodonur Crossroads with a full group of heroes and failing. I started to chat with him on twitch and he said "I don't know how Shade solo'd this." What? Who would do such a thing. Apparently, Shade_the had been soloing all of the game on a sin. Wow, cool. So I was like, I love monk, let me do the same.

    So I did. I completed all the campaigns solo as a monk. I thought, wow, this was an incredible challenge and I'm glad to have done it, but I want another challenge. So as it turns out, there are different types of solo play throughs.

    1. What Shade did (and I eventually did) is "All campaigns solo". In this challenge you can hop around all continents and expansions, include EoTN, get PvE skills, use faction skills, sunspear skills, etc., as long as they're in the correct order (no buying unlocked skills-- that skill vendor must be the one to offer it).

    2. Another one is "solo prophecies", which is what this Ele just went through, where the character never leaves prophecies and beats the game.

    3. There's a new style of challenge that Shade has coined the "Rainbow" challenge, where you make a character and only use their primary class. This is the latest of the challenges and what I will be participating in next.

    I invite you to join the discord where us people try and challenge ourselves in guildwars by creating silly challenges: https://discord.gg/HsQtUxwg


    On to the topic of this post: My Ele. I didn't plan to do this challenge. Shade said, "If you ascend as ele warrior I'll be literally impressed". I thought to myself, ele is pretty good. I think I can do that. And in one weekend, I started an ele and got it to thirsty river, the first real challenge of any prophecies solo run. And who knew? E/W is actually OK. Ether Renewal is the bomb. It got me through both Thirsty River and Dragon's Lair, single handedly. But then Southern Shiverpeaks became a problem. Enchantments were shatters by Heretics who existed in all the missions.

    I spent an entire month trying a build that Menzies screenshotted for Thunder Head Keep. During this time, three other people were on Thunder Head Keep at some time, so there was a lot of footage to review (Purif, CandyB, and In Vader). And one of these people, In Vader, was ALSO doing an Ele Solo Proph run just like me! He theory crafted harder than I did and crafted a better build. He beat THK before I did. So.. I copied his build and beat it myself lol. Thanks In Vader.

    After this was Ring of Fire. The Mursaat towers are a challenge all on their own. I gave up trying to do it as E/Me like In Vader was and instead tried E/R as nightquist suggested. I found having a pet didn't give me the control I liked as a caster class. So I swapped back. And with some practice, I finally got it as E/Me. I killed just about everything in my way to do it, but I did beat the missions.

    And from here it snowballed. The following day, I beat Abaddon's Mouth on my first attempt. I watched all of In Vader's VOD and read the chat as fellow solo'ers advised him and everything just clicked as I slowly crept my way through the mission.

    And now, just an hour ago, I beat Hell's Precipice (video is uploading, here's a screenshot in the meantime). I recommend this challenge to anyone who loves the game and wants to play it in a unique, fun way.

    As a note, no vendors where other players could affect the price are used in these challenges, nor is storage. You use what you find, and farm your own materials. I recommend these two stipulations to the challenge. It really does give it a sense of flavor.

    submitted by /u/L4in
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to farm ectoplasm?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2021 04:56 AM PDT

    Hey all

    Finishing EOTN on my monk this week as a casual player. I would like to get my hands on those juicy chaos gloves afterwards as my next goal since all campaigns will be over.

    I need 75 Globs of ectoplasm to get those badboys.

    Any good efficient farming ways for a monk to grab ectoes?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheWardedOne
    [link] [comments]

    General noobish question about 5 Mesmerway build

    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 04:05 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    I run a R/A most of the time but am looking to run this https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:Team_-_5_Hero_Mesmerway to try and solo some of the much harder places (FoW, UW etc). I can only see insignias and Sup Vig recommended for equipment, are sup runes advised and is there a better class (or secondary) build I should run with this for best chances of doing these missions solo with heroes in HM?

    submitted by /u/Cynzie94
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment