• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 2, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - October 02, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - October 02, 2021


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - October 02, 2021

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 06:00 AM PDT

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    im making a Tybalt sticker

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 02:35 AM PDT

    300 Kills per minute weapon mastery farm

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 04:34 AM PDT

    All about that sweet sweet fashion

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 10:55 AM PDT

    Anet really should make a freakish mutating "waypoint accident" Halloween mini. It would randomly morph into 3 to 4 different "things" stacked on top of each other.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 04:10 AM PDT

    I like Choyas.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 09:48 PM PDT

    HCL 2 Kicks off in just under 1 hour!

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 07:16 AM PDT

    Greetings Gamers!

    The Hardstuck Conquest League number 2 will begin in just under an hour from this post!

    Today we will be doing the EU Open Bracket where we've got some very strong teams looking to make their way to the Invitational in two weeks time!

    All the action will be streamed over at MightyTeapot so make sure to head there if you want to see some awesome PvP!

    Good luck to all the teams playing today, and we'll see you there!

    submitted by /u/Roile
    [link] [comments]

    PoF to me, nuff said

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 05:21 PM PDT

    There it is

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 08:03 AM PDT

    Can you help an overwhelmed new (old) Guild Wars 2 player understand the game a bit better?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 02:47 AM PDT

    Hello fellow Guild Wars 2 Players,

    I love Guild Wars 2, or rather I want to love it more than I actually do and I need you to help me understand it better.

    (sorry this will probably become a BIG and poorly written wall of text)

    So first of a quick backstory, for the most part I've been Playing WoW with my friends in school, but when Guild Wars 2 was announced back in 2012 (when I was 14) I was HYPED (I think to this day I've never been as hyped for any game as for GW2). Playing all the stresstests Beta events etc. Sadly none of my friends played with me, so I started playing on my own and I loved it, the world and graphics were so beautiful, the questing was fun and felt innovative, but when I reached 80 I didn't really knew what to do next, I've heard about exotic gear but I really didn't understand any of the endgame "mechanics", so I figured I had to grind Dungeons and Raids like in wow to get them and I'd rather do these things with my friends, so back to wow for me for now. (Also the mobs in Orr just smacked my poor Ele and I figured I just sucked at the game and did't even want to try the dungeons)

    Over the years I always came back to GW2 and started a new char, leveling for a bit and then dropped it again. But I always saw the Videos of the Mounts, Bosses and Areas of GW2 and thought they looked Cool AF, so last year I wanted to commit and "truly understand" the game. I started a new Char(r), a Warrior with which I finally played through the entire story, I also bought HoT & PoF and plan to play through every "Story Content". And I think, now I have a better grasp of the Problems I have with the game as a new (old) player, and thought maybe you guys could help me to sort things out.

    So sorry this will probably be a big list of "complains" but I'd really like your insight and advice on these things.

    So let's get started:

    1. This is probably my biggest "problem" with the game. I simply do not understand it. Ever since hitting lvl 80 I kinda feel lost and overwhelmed at the same time. I mean rn I'm just trying to follow the story content, which mostly gives me a red line to follow, but especially in the Addons there are certain points, where you first need to get certain Masteries before you can continue -> getting lost again.

    So why do I feel like getting lost? Well, in my experience everytime I get into a new Map I feel completly overwhelmed. There are so many different Symbols and Events which I don't know. But most importantly the new "currencies?" in eaach map. So many different Items that I get in every Map for so many different vendors, that all sell stuff I've never heard of before, plus all the chest lying around that I can't open, because I need another "currency?" for them, at least I think that's how it works.

    1.1 I don't understand the loot AT ALL. First of my Inventory is probably THE most annoying part of the game, it is crowded with DOZENS of items, that I literally have no idea, what they are for, but feel like I need to keep them, because they look important. But not understanding any of the Loot I get is quite frustrating because doing events, quests or anything else just feels mostly unrewarding, because yes I see that I get *something* for it, but as long as I don't understand why I even need that, I just feels like more useless junk that crowds my Inventory. That's also why I never really got into Dungeons/Fraktals, because why would I even bother? I mean they look cool and all, and I also did like 2 or 3 of them, but I don't really know what I do them for. I guess It probably has something do do with ascended gear or something??

    1.2 I don't really get the Currencies, because as I understand most maps have their own currencies, meaning there are dozens of currencies that can only be used for very specific things. But what currencies am I trying to get? Like for example, (excuse me for the comparison) in wow if I wanted better PVP gear, I spammed Battlegrounds/Arenas which gave me Honor/Arena points which is the currency for buying better pvp gear, pretty straight forward. In GW2 in my understanding the 2 main currencys are Karma and Gold. Karma I have no clue what it is used for, I guess you could buy random stuff after you completed hearts. Gold is used for the Trading Post where you can buy all sorts of stuff, but do you really buy all your gear from there? Cause it feels like that is the case, or at least the advice of most people. So I guess my question is: Are the only methods to aquire gear 1. Buy it off the TP or 2. craft it yourself (with mats you bought off the TP)? Aka is the Trading Post really the holy grail of all things?

    1.3 The story. Boy I'd really love to fully understand the story, before the realese of GW2 I even read the book Guild Wars Edge of Destiny. And I really don't understand why most integral parts of the games Story is locked behind a paywall. When I started my new run, I watched the ingame recap of Season 1, but that didn't give me much sense for all the new characters. I owned like 2 Episodes in Season 2 & 3 which gave me completely out of context story bits. And when I finally started HoT I had no Idea who all these new people and characters were (I knew Rytlock tho, so that's cool). So after a while I thought "this is stupid I don't understand anything" and used my remaining Gems from back in the day, to buy Season 3 (I still had like 800 gems that I bought at release for like 70 silver lol). So I understand it a bit better now I guess, still the whole experience was very confusing because I jumped back and forth thorugh the story.

    All in all I can say I've no real grasp on all the game mechanics and how they work together.

    But what I can say is that, I've started participating in those seasonal events and that was really fun. Because there were those isolated mechanics and temporary currencies / vendors. There I understood what I needed to do to get ceratain items, and there I managed to farm new and flashy gear, which was real fun.

    1. The gameplay. This may come as a shock since from what I hear that is what most people state as the best aspect of GW2. But my problem with the combat in GW2 is, that I feel things are "floaty" and delayed, I feel like I have not 100% control what and when my char does something. Like in wow (again sorry for the comparison) things are pretty straight forward I press a button, instantly there comes a castbar that shows exactly how long it will take, when it goes through I can use the next spell, if it's instant there is a global cooldown of like 0.5sec on every skill, than I can use them again. In GW2 I often feel like I pressed a button, but the animation of the previous action is't finished yet, so I start spam pressing it, and use it too often or can't really "controll it".

    2.1 I often don't really see attacks comming. This may also be beause I'm bad, but especially when fighting in larger group events, things look so chaotic that I don't really know what's going on, until I recieve a blow out of nowhere that instakills me. Also how do I differentiate between friendly AOE effects on the ground and bad AOE effects (this might be a stupid question but I have color blindness so I might've missed some color coding).

    2.2 Boons and Conditions, for some reason I have a really hard time remembering them all. Also I feel like they are reeeally small on the screen, especially since some of them need me to stop moving or casting if I understand it correct.

    Bonus: Currently I'm playing my original character from 2012 again. Which is an Elementalist, right now it's specced as Weaver with Sword and Dagger, also I have mostly exotic berserker gear, because I've read that when unsure just to go with Berserk gear. Is that any good?

    Well this allready got way bigger than I wanted so I'll cut it here. Hopefully some of you can actually clearify some things for me and help me love the game even more! :D

    PS: I'm planning on buying the End of Dragons expansion, so I can experience an Addon from the start, maybe that also helps me feel less overwhelmed.

    Also I should probably mention, that part of what I like so much about the game is that from what I heard, it's pretty "casual friendly" and since I often don't have too much time to play, it's nice that you don''t need to grind daily to stay relevant.

    submitted by /u/Exocation
    [link] [comments]

    Chakian Berserker vs Scarlet's most terrifying watchwork minion...

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 01:18 PM PDT

    It's time to implement some "recent" "PvE" technology into WvW to secure objectives against exploits and, maybe, make defense better.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 02:03 AM PDT

    Going over gates with historical jumps, mount exploits, gliding ? Check. The fix ? Make the mount jump ridiculously small, rebuild ogrewatch, resize territory areas ... but there are still exploits.

    Hackers being able to enter objectives without opening them, with fly, teleport hacks or whatever, and then either take them alone or port their friends inside ? Check.

    Defenders being more vulnerable than attackers due to the way they have to expose themselves on the walls ? Check.

    It's time to do something. Something real, not another bandaid.


    Guess what didn't exist at launch but was implemented several times in PvE since then ? Instanced invisible walls, exclusion areas ...

    Look at LS4EP2 story puzzles. We have walls that exist for some players, and not for others, depending on their progress in the puzzle.

    Look at LS4EP5 dwarf puzzle. We have rooms that can exclude players immediately if they're not supposed to be there.

    Look at "current events" legendary bandit : he generates a surface that knows its sides. You can walk though it to go out, you can't walk in.

    Those are just 3 examples on top of my head. Point is : the technology exists.

    Here I will describe how I think those can be used in WvW. Be warned : it's not a "we just have to" easy fix. It would require dev investment. I'll let Anet judge that bit.


    Proposed fix

    For each objective :

    • precisely define the area limited by walls and gates.
    • Build one-way invisible walls all around (including below and above)

    Invisible walls mechanics :

    • When an objective is flipped or upgraded, update who the invisible walls affects : players in the team owning the objectives are not affected by those walls (as if they don't exist). Others players can't jump, glide, or fly-hack into it.
    • When a wall or gate is destroyed, update : everyone can pass
    • When a wall or gate is repaired, check if there is still another one down, or update back.
    • The invisible walls are one-way : enemies are not trapped inside as soon as it's flipped or repaired

    Exclusion area mechanics :

    • Any player who is in or enters the exclusion area of a keep, tower or castle without authorization is immediately teleported out or even killed.
    • Any case where the invisible walls (see above) are ignored for you = authorization
    • Being inside when the place is flipped or repaired = authorization (technically, people who area inside the area when the authorizations are changed, get an invisible buff so that the game knows who they are)
    • Using the thief or mesmer portal of someone authorized (invisible buff above) grants you authorization (you get the invisible buff too)
    • Exit the exclusion area : lose authorization buff after 10 seconds

    As you can see, we have a double mechanic with the one-way invisible walls and the exclusion area. The former prevents legit gliding when boundaries are close (we can get real ogrewatch back), all mount and weapon jumps (we can get mount jump nerf reverted) as well as fly hacks, it can also be used to reduce the projectiles (and aoes ?) pressure on people who stand on walls to defend are are quite vulnerable there. The latter prevents teleport hacks or any exploit that people could find to go around the invisible walls mechanic.

    I might have forgotten edge cases to make it all work seamlessly and without breaking legit gameplay. Let me know.

    submitted by /u/Keorl
    [link] [comments]

    Introducing: Farrowed Terrace - Tyria Rediscovered

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 09:20 AM PDT

    Why does this happen?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 07:05 AM PDT

    Ten Studies in Staff Daredevil

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 05:21 PM PDT

    New EoD Elite Spec tease! Thief, I assume.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 08:04 AM PDT

    Slothasor 3 man in 7:45 by [Sen]

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 11:48 AM PDT

    Whats poppin mamajamas

    PoVs:

    Joar (Dps Scourge): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1NihqFJe64

    Flamed (Dps Scourge): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iABAzI-HepU

    Emil (Cele Firebrand): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRPP1v1JeCk

    Managing this fight with only 3 players boiled down to 4 major problems that had to be solved:

    1. CC- Slothasor has a 4k breakbar that has to be cracked a total of 5 times during the fight.
    2. Slublings- These ads are vicious, applying a plethora of conditions, corrupting boons and dealing big damage they need to be dealt with as soon as they spawn.
    3. Imbued mushrooms- The eating mechanic is usually done by assigning 4 players who take turns clearing the floor, having just 3 forced us to delay eating certain mushrooms and staying as slublings for an extended period of time.
    4. The enrage timer- Tanking any mechanic during enrage will oneshot you aside from the aura tick and autoattacks from the boss (which still deal almost 9k damage per auto).

    The gimicky solutions:

    1. In order to break the boss we needed to abuse spectral grasp in the bosses hitbox WHILE there were ads nearby. With perfect execution while also including all of our slow CC he had just about 4.2k CC at our disposal.

    2. As it turns out epidemic is a pretty good skill, it does however not have infinite range and as we are relying on spectral grasp for cc we can only very rarely use it for actual pulls. In order to find any kind of consistancy with epidemic we had to position the boss very precisely as close to the average slubling spawns as possible. Regardless of tanking strategy there is still alot of rng involved with slublings spawning in range of epi which is particularily important in the last few minutes of the fight as leaving slublings alive caused massive dps losses from slow applications and boon corruptions.

    3. Upon eating an imbued mushroom you get a debuff preventing you from eating again for another 3min 20sec and since the floor becomes dangerous after only 1min this meant we had to delay by atleast 20seconds per rotation. For the first 50% of the fight this wasnt a big deal as slublings spawn every 30seconds we found a window between 5 and 4:30 on the timer which meant we could epi the ads before and immediatly after eating. We were also time gated by the cc at 60% where we needed the 4min slubs to spawn so losing dps here was no issue.

    4. 40% and the perfect storm: We did however have an extremely tight dps check coming up, at 2:40 we had to eat shroom 1 again, which is another eat that has to be delayed, to have any chance of surviving this part and especially to have the dps uptime required to not wipe during enrage we had to break the boss before shroom 1 had to eat. To reach the dps check we had to get creative, foodswaps and perfect execution was still not enough as you cant really squeeze out that much extra damage, a good run usually resulted in us being about 15-20seconds late at which point the perfect storm was approaching. Ad spawns, CC and the floor despawning was a recipe for disaster. While testing our strategies one of the scourges accidentally plague sent about 20stacks of torment and buring which absolutely skyrocketed our total dps. This changed everything as sending atleast 15stacks of 2 different conditions pushed our dps in our time of need. However, intentionally tanking the shake attack is an extremely high risk play, especially since we dont have access to protection. Having other conditions prior to getting hit means you will send the wrong conditions to the boss and go down yourself and being greedy by waiting for 20+stacks almost always resulted in death. The 40% barrier had finally been broken and with some practice we were starting to break into enrage territory fairly consistantly. The fight does however become significantly more difficult as soon as there is 4minutes left on the clock as slubs spawn every 20seconds instead of every 30 and especially the last 2 minutes as slubs spawn every 15seconds. This really emphazised the need for really crisp boss positioning and epidemics as the cd lined up with the spawns and as soon as epis fall behind there is no catching back up.

    After polishing our final eating timings and patterns it was just down to execution, and with all our strategies in place it took us another 3 evenings before we managed to get the kill. Entire project took us just over a week to complete.

    Log: https://dps.report/n4SR-20210930-200619_sloth

    CC calculations: https://imgur.com/a/CX6AccS

    submitted by /u/Hitlersock
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me identify this helm skin

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 05:21 AM PDT

    [WvW] Flamethrower Scrapper Melting Zergs - Build in Comments

    Posted: 01 Oct 2021 10:25 PM PDT

    New spec silhouette thief?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 08:07 AM PDT

    Does Scrapper Hammer 5 No Longer Produce a Lightning Field?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 07:30 AM PDT

    I was trying out mighty teapots power scrapper build and I noticed something was off. The tooltip for Hammer 5 is not showing that it produces a lightning field and no combo finishers are working with this. Is anyone else experiencing this?

    submitted by /u/ravishankarmadhu
    [link] [comments]

    Can we have more prosthetics skins in game? For arms and legs and torso? I want to play a character with disabilities or with an accident backstory.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 07:28 AM PDT

    Query about next weeks level 10 heirloom weapons.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 07:11 AM PDT

    Do we need to create a new character and level it during the event to get the special halloween level 10 weapon or would parking characters at level 9 and then leveling to 10 suffice?

    submitted by /u/omegaenergy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment