• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 7, 2021

    Guild Wars Can I enjoy the game as a Monk leading an NPC party and playing the game as an RPG.

    Guild Wars Can I enjoy the game as a Monk leading an NPC party and playing the game as an RPG.


    Can I enjoy the game as a Monk leading an NPC party and playing the game as an RPG.

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 01:32 PM PDT

    I am gonnna play this as a solo player with the purposes of exeriancing GW story as a GW2 player and as a healer in an NPC party.

    Is this an effective/enjoyable way to experiance the game?

    Does it have some depth (ideally not too hard or too easy)

    Is there massive grind?

    How early can I start assembling my team?

    I had Nightfall when I was a kid but I lost the account and I kinda want to start from then very beggining.

    submitted by /u/thivasss
    [link] [comments]

    Next Anniversary Event Question

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 06:23 PM PDT

    I just recently got back into Guild Wars after many years away. Unfortunately, I missed the event where they added new PvE skills. I know many of the yearly events are the same so my question is, does anyone know if we will be able to get the tokens needed to spawn the new bosses during the next anniversary event? I know people are willing to spawn the bosses for me and that's great but I'm the type that would just rather have access to it myself whenever I feel like doing it. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Plus-Following3364
    [link] [comments]

    Still no sale from Anet or Steam?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 05:26 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I posted something similar over a year ago, still waiting for a GW1 sale. Does this game ever go on sale? Has it gone on sale in 2021 at all? Last time I posted someone said it had gone on sale a few months prior, but I guess I missed it.

    I have a friend who might try the game if they can get it for really cheap, but is not willing to spend the $40 to buy the collection, primarily because he really didn't enjoy GW2 at all, and figures he won't enjoy this game.

    I have told him the games are vastly different, but he is reluctant. The only thing that would make him try this game is probably being able to pick it up for super cheap, so for almost 2 years now I've been waiting on that sale. :/

    submitted by /u/alazar14
    [link] [comments]

    buying guild wars 1

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 06:57 AM PDT

    I recovered my old account and I have prophecies and factions.

    The trilogy seems to be the "Cheapest" deal... can I buy trilogy for just nightfall and then give away the prophecies/factions to a friend?

    submitted by /u/Clem_Famdengo
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a reason why GuildWarsGuru and TeamQuitter websites died?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 09:42 AM PDT

    I really don't understand in retrospect since there are gaming community websites from the 1990s that are still up and running. Website hosting is absurdly cheap and can actually be really profitable with proper ad revenue. It absolutely sucks that so much Guild Wars history was lost.

    submitted by /u/AttackOnElderTitan
    [link] [comments]

    "Cheapway"; Are there any Builds out there for Solo FoW without Cons and Pcons?

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 01:03 PM PDT

    I was wondering if there are any Builds for clearing all the quests in Fissure of Woe (or Uw or DoA) solo, either NM or HM, specifically without the use of cons and pcons.

    submitted by /u/Dull_Biscotti_3542
    [link] [comments]

    Getting to GW Wiki quickly on chrome

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 12:13 PM PDT

    For years and years I have been frustrated by how typing "gw" into chrome search bar does not suggest gw wiki (you can type gw using only your left hand).

    Apparently there is a solution to this!

    The way to do that in Chrome is to add a custom search engine:

    Right-click the omnibox (address bar), click "Edit search engines". This will open the "Manage search engines" page. Click the Add button and enter:

    Search engine : gw Keyword : gw URL : https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page 

    Finally click Save to create:

    https://i.imgur.com/biY9cGN.png

    You can do this to create specific aliases to any website! I hope this helps someone.

    submitted by /u/nhremna
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me with this Teambuild (Bone fiend army + Weapon of Three Forges)

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 02:57 PM PDT

    Please help me with this Teambuild (Bone fiend army + Weapon of Three Forges)

    Hi, im Shiros Tamagotchi and I´m looking for your suggestions for a teambuild.

    The new Elites changed the Meta quite a bit. I want to build a Teambuild that:

    1. maximizes the effect of _Weapons of Three Forges_ (WotF), the new Ritu Elite for bone fiends
    2. is made for one player + heroes (no mercenary heroes)
    3. can be used for general PvE

    https://preview.redd.it/2rkbn8aiayl71.png?width=622&format=png&auto=webp&s=d814bdcfe48be0f2a142049c0b5a39a171600742

    The pawned²-teambuild-file (.pwnd) if you want to insert it:

    pwnd0001?download pawned2 @ memorial.redeemer.biz | Copyright 2008-2018 Redeemer >VOACAQl15iAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKUGxheWVyCgVOANAQUBKgIVVVbhGNYEoRAAAAAAAKTWFzdGVyC gVOANAQUBKgyBVVbhaRBEbaAAAAAAAIT2xpYXMKVOANAQUBKgyBVVbh1D1NQNAAAAAAAIUmF6YWgKUOA lAMWi7wQ7TUGqq7YVMAAAAAAAITGl2aWEKUOQCAM84dcN2CXkd3sY5NAAAAAAALTW9yZ2FobgoVOACAQ IXXTlTYOdifTOTXMAAAAAAAKWGFuZHJhCgQOQBAAnQzLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAORnJlZSBTbG90Cg< 

    I have not found a teambuild on PvX-Wiki for that (maybe there is one and im stupid).

    I already have a skeleton build as a start. The idea is to have an army of bone fiends buffed up by several skills and WotF.

    The Player: So far there are only 2 core skills that i think is a must have. You place the standard on the bone fiend ball. What do you think would be fitting here? Maybe the Player can also substitute Xandra and take _Spirit´s Gift_ to heal the minions by creating spirits/minions.

    The 3 MM´s: Maybe 2 is enough? The Elites are also interchangable, _Aura of the Lich_ and _Order of undeath_ are just suggestions. The build doesnt need those elites. _Dwayna´s Sorrow_, _Heal Area_ and _Shield Guardian_ are to heal the minions. If you drop the Paragon, then one MM can take his core skills: _"Incomming!"_, _"Fall Back!"_ and _"Stand Your Ground!"_. If you have other ideas for the elites and the support skills, please let me know.

    The BiP: I wanted to have _Mark of Pain_, _Blood Bond_, _Weaken Armor_ and _Barbs_ in the teambuild somewhere to buff up the minions dmg. So i just put them on one whole character. By the Way: _Mending Refrain_ does not require using attribute points, it gives +2 Health regen at 0 Points. The whole secondary para thing is obviously just a filler, you can put everything there.

    The Para: Not sure about that one. The first 3 skills are the most important, the rest is pretty much useless. I think _Bladeturn Refrain_ is nice, since it gives some blockchance to the team. You could also fit _Mending Reafrain_ in there as well and drop it from the BiP.

    The Ritu: The idea is to heal the minions further with _Spirit´s Gift_. I´m not even sure if that is even needed since there already is alot of heal in for them. So you can probably drop the whole character completely. Or make it a Rt/N MM with Spirit´s Gift + Minions (and drop one of the MM´s)

    The free slot(s): As i wrote, i think you could easily drop the Paragon (put the first 3 skills on one MM) and the Ritu as they are not doing much. In that case, there are still 3 slots free (+ the player bar). What do you think is missing here? Of course we can always squeeze in some Mesmers (E-Surge, Panic and/or Ineptutide). I think the build is definitly missing some interrupts so i would suggest one mesmer at the very least. Are there other good skills that buff up the fiend army further?

    Please give me your suggestions and opinions. Thank you!

    Shiros Tamagotchi, IGN: Sandra Fireborn

    submitted by /u/Shiros_Tamagotchi
    [link] [comments]

    New player seeking advices !

    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 06:01 AM PDT

    Hello all !

    I recently returned to Guild Wars, and I would like to ask for some advices from you guys, in order to choose the right profession for my first character.

    I'm looking for versatility (to have at least 4 or 5 viable and fun builds, so I could switch between them when I get bored of one), dynamism (I don't like to play passive and like to spam my keyboard) and overall something which fits the meta enough so when I get to endgame content other players would like to play with me. Oh, and also I like to be a damage dealer or/and be a support for my team equally.

    I'm hesitating between:

    1. Elementalist. They seem really versatile since every element appears to have its own utility and gameplay. But I'm hesitant because I don't want to be just a mage launching spells from a distance in a regular order.
    2. Assassin. Apparently they're very strong but I only see people talking about Dagger Spamer build. Do they have other strong/fun builds to mess around with ? Aren't they too much of a glass canon to play solo with heroes ?
    3. Dervish. I really like the esthetism of the scythe, although the fact that they have so few armors saddens me haha. Gameplay wise I don't know much about them, but it seems like this profession is very popular.
    4. Ritualist. I really like the animations, armors and overall style of this profession, but maybe its gameplay would be too passive for my tastes. Or maybe they do have dynamic builds aswell ?

    What do you guys think about those professions ? Do you have any particular pros/cons for each of them that could help me choosing one ?

    Thanks for reading, I'm so glad to be returning to this game ! Hope to meet a lot of you in there !

    Edit: I'm also looking for a class that can be fun as a beginner, since I wont have acces to many ressources nor tomes since I'm starting on a completely new account (my childhood's one got hacked sadly). So I'm looking to a profession that could be fun even early on in the campaign :)

    submitted by /u/Shawner022
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment