• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 8, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Some artwork of Aurene I made a while ago.

    Guild Wars 2 Some artwork of Aurene I made a while ago.


    Some artwork of Aurene I made a while ago.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 05:14 AM PDT

    Aurene's Evolution [OC] [ART]

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 07:11 PM PDT

    After 9 years, I took a stab at making a new mesmer cosplay

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 11:56 PM PDT

    After 9 years, I took a stab at making a new mesmer cosplay

    Back in 2012, I made my first completely-made-by-myself cosplay for PAX Prime (West) for the GW2 launch party, a mesmer. It was...well, a first completely-made-by-myself-and-I-had-no-idea-what-I-was-doing costume.

    I've made more costumes since and have greatly improved my skills since back then, so, this year, I wanted to make a new Guild Wars 2 costume. I went looking through all the different light/medium armorsets and realized I wanted to do one of the original core Tyria sets and I wanted to try making a mesmer again. Because purple class. While I was making it, Anet announced virtuoso and dagger, which was thrilling because a dagger would actually fit in my suitcase.

    Costume includes a 5-item slot bag, catmander pin with Queen Keriti on it, mask with the mesmer symbol painted on, and an interpretation of the virtuoso dagger from the character art. I sewed everything including the mask. Pin was from a seller on Etsy.

    Enjoy the hallway pic!

    https://preview.redd.it/b8z09g7z48m71.jpg?width=1520&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=d0c2a5cdc6e838c73beb05a7c57eec9ea492c1e1

    submitted by /u/QueenKeriti
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: DO NOT post codes in plain text in subreddits! Bots are usually redeeming them within seconds

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 12:40 AM PDT

    If you want to give out codes, you can contact a person that wants it and send it in a Private Message.

    Most of the codes are automatically redeemed by bots.

    submitted by /u/ZhaitanK
    [link] [comments]

    I feel completely indifferent towards Aurene. Is it just me?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 09:43 PM PDT

    It appears ANet is pushing really hard that 'special bond' between us and Aurene and trying to make us feel 'connected' to her. All the merchs, cosmetics, in-game dialogues... but honestly, I wouldn't care if they just killed her off. I was geniunely sad when Tybalt and Almora died. They were different from rest of the cast. They had distinct personalities. Their back story and death (despite being executed poorly) was truly tragic and yet meaningful because they actually did something meaningful in the story. Aurene on the other hand, I am probably wrong but it feels like she caused us more problems then she helped us to solve. I discount her random appearences in story instances where she blasts off some pack of mobs, because we(commander) are more than capable of handling them without her. All she did for us so far is;

    1. Eating Joko so he won't ever come back

    That's it. That's all of it. Everything else she helped us with either could be resolved without her or was a problem specfically created for Aurene to solve. She was the chosen one of the story all along and I am very very very sick of those kind of stories. Her apperaing at the end of the Long Live The Lich was the only moment that I didn't already exptect it was going to be Aurene who are going to save the day because no one have ever mentioned that solution to immortality is dragon stomach acid. It's not really virtuous to do something you were born for. In fact, it would be more interesting if Aurene turned evil. Plus, she doesn't have any personality traits other than telling us to 'USE OUR BOND' to get credit for what we do and yelling 'iT's toO mUcH, hElP mE' whe she is needed to be useful for once. More than half of the main cast has the same issue but come one, even Kasmeer has finally grew out of 'I can't :(' in Icebrood Saga.

    submitted by /u/Lethioon
    [link] [comments]

    Wanted to check stats for GW2 on Twitch and am unsure what to think of it. There were +26 new streamers last month.

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 04:17 AM PDT

    My dream mount is no longer a dream.

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    Props to ANet for the dialogue choices in Love Live the Lich

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 03:25 AM PDT

    So, up to now I've felt the living story a bit of a chore. I couldn't get invested in the charcters, especially my own. It got to the point where I tend to afk during the dialogue then come back for the next objective.

    Well, I was planning to do that with Long Live the Lich and alt tabbed back to the game expecting the dialogue to be over. Instead I was presented with dialogue options. Do I want to be diplomatic or outraged? I picked outraged, and my character even implied he took it personally because he was an asura! Suddenly, I wanted to know what was going to happen next. I was engaged.

    More of that, please. It doesn't have to alter any outcomes, but to be able to choose my characters temperament in a given situation makes a gigantic difference to immersion

    submitted by /u/WISEcracrEvanStephen
    [link] [comments]

    What features from other MMOs do you wish to see in GW2?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 07:56 PM PDT

    For me, camera mode and housing from FFXIV. This game is dubbed The Fashion Wars after all, it would be nice to have in game tool for filters, poses, and facial expressions.

    I'm surprised this game doesn't have more customizable housing yet, given the decoration and such available in Guild Halls already. Since the game is so collection heavy, it would be great to display some of them.

    Basically, I wish for features that further expands individual players' creative expression.

    submitted by /u/wowfrostdk
    [link] [comments]

    50% Off Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire & Heart of Thorns Standard Edition with Amazon Prime

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 10:14 AM PDT

    What an introduction to the game

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 01:00 PM PDT

    Revenant EoD Elite Spec Hype

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 09:26 AM PDT

    EP3: Long Live the Lich + Roller Beetle Mount Achievement Guides

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 10:31 AM PDT

    Hello Reddit!

    Return to the Living World continue with Episode 3 "Long Live the Lich" which is a very important episode for new players, because allows to unlock the Roller Beetle Mount. For this purpose I want to share both guides to earn all the achievements and the mount:

    Long Live the Lich Achievements Guide

    Roller Beetle Mount Achievement Guide

    These are the new bonus achievements and of course the Seasons of the Dragons guide updated in a bit for the Legendary Amulet!

    I will keep working on Season 4 guides in the next days to be ready for next week Episode 4, check out the Calendar to not miss anything!

    Season 4 Guides
    Season 3 Guides
    Season 2 Guides

    Hope it helps!

    submitted by /u/GuildJen
    [link] [comments]

    Why make a difficult boss with a bunch of mechanics when I just get resurrected endlessly?

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 03:20 PM PDT

    So I just fought the huge Golem in "A bug in the system". Cool fight and the boss has alot of mechanics. Must have been a huge job to design and program all that. However, I wasn't paying attention because I'm a little tired and I died two times. I just got right back up. I then decided to test it a little more and died like 4 more times. Every time I was just ressed back with full HP and I could continue the fight.

    This has bothered me before. With the end fight of PoF for example. So much effort, such a cool fight. Awesome build up, etc. But then it doesn't matter a single fuck if you die ten times. What's even the point of looking at the mechanics and trying your best to beat the boss in one go? At least with this fight u would go back a little to a waypoint. Now I just got ressed.

    Could be that I'm missing something, and I understand making the story mode accessible. But this is just too much.

    submitted by /u/WertoDerto
    [link] [comments]

    Forearmed is Forewarned : never again, please

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 01:48 PM PDT

    I feel bad posting negative criticism about the game, and I don't know how others feel about this instance, but I feel the need to speak my mind.

    I trully, deeply hate this instance. It is a terrible experience. I just teleported out of it with the fourth ability, and it just hit me, that the exact same thing happened three years ago when I did it for the first time. It all came back to me with a feeling of desperation, and I remembered how much I hated this instance, and the frustration that came with it

    The whole experience is confusing, from the very beginning, until you realize after a good 20 minutes that doing everything without the kit is probably a better idea, except maybe the champions (at that point, you've barely made it beyond the first half of the instance).

    Everything is slow, everything is clunky, the "revealed" debuff lasts way too long, until you realize turning into a tree and immediately turning back into yourself removes the debuff, then try to abuse this mechanic, realize you cannot turn into a tree when Awakened are nearby, suddenly aggro everything and their great grand awakened mother in the area with a mere fart, you don't get out of stealth when you're revealed for some reason which makes the debuff itself insanely confusing, everything hits for 20k damage, applies slow and cripple on you, you die, respawn, try without Blish's arm kit, you die again, respawn. Third step : acceptance, try again with the kit, overheat all the time, teleport with a tiny AoE, fall off every edge because of it, die again, respawn, destroy sixteen thousand barricades, plant thirty-two thousand seeds, place three hundred and seventy-four million mines in the dirt, teleport three thousand units away, get out of bounds, get kicked out of the instance after thirty minutes of an attempt, rage, destroy your keyboard (maybe not).

    It's a one-time mechanic that probably took a good amount of work and it's an utter disaster. It honestly aches that I have to do it again for that legendary amulet. And the worst part of it is, the instance that comes right after has the best cutscene of the game. And I have to go through that first.

    Feels bad to say this, but I found nothing to be interesting let alone FUN about this instance.

    Even the name is annoying.

    And when I say this instance, I mean maybe the first quarter of it, because as I said I immediately ragequit. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Or in the afterlife.

    TLDR : As much as I love Arenanet's work in general, I must say, I hope to never see something like this ever again in this game. The entire mechanic is way too confusing, I don't wanna have to learn how to master Blish's scuffed elite specialization, which I've never seen before, for a one-time thing, that should take AT MOST thirty minutes anyway.

    submitted by /u/sbkn
    [link] [comments]

    Elite Specialization Idea: The Ritualist

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 10:35 AM PDT

    Elite Spec Beta 2 teasers

    Posted: 08 Sep 2021 07:03 AM PDT

    Have there been any new elite specs announced? The beta is 2 weeks away and I was sure we would get one announced each week leading up to the event

    submitted by /u/Godlydrake
    [link] [comments]

    StaysafeTV trains his first mastery

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 02:09 PM PDT

    Finally completed Chuka and Chumpawat!

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 08:47 AM PDT

    The Blazing Light

    Posted: 07 Sep 2021 04:54 PM PDT

    Finally beat the concealing dark and got this title after probably 30 attempts, wanted to share with somebody. Holy moly this was the hardest thing I've ever done in this game. Granted I haven't played a ton of end game content, but just trying to dodge all the AoE attacks plus minions plus that stupid pull rift while also fighting the boss was damn tough. On that note I think I'm done with queens gauntlet forever lol no interest in trying to get the achievement for doing 8 orbs of light before killing her

    submitted by /u/tmnt20
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment