• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 28, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - August 28, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - August 28, 2021


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - August 28, 2021

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 06:00 AM PDT

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Leaks = spoilers, so follow the spoiler rules when discussing the leaked elite specs

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 01:22 PM PDT

    • No spoiler titles

    • If the post isn't tagged as spoiler use the spoiler markdown >!spoiler text goes in here!<

    • use the reporting tool to inform us about spoiler leaks


    Leaked spec weapons

    submitted by /u/RandommUser
    [link] [comments]

    Why is everyone ignoring this? Hello?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 06:17 AM PDT

    Possible Balthazar ?

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 12:44 AM PDT

    Necros seeing their new elite.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 01:43 AM PDT

    The new fastest dungeon record: Sorrow’s Embrace P3 in 1:45 by Snow Crows [SC]!

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 07:01 AM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    PoVs:

    Roul/Ele

    Hint/Engi

    Jan/Ranger

    Yui/Mesmer

    Nika/Mesmer

    We are happy to present to you the new fastest dungeon record, beating the previous fastest record of 1:46 in HotW by 1 second, as well as the previous fastest record of SE P3 by 26 seconds.

    In order to achieve such a time improvement, we completely revamped the previously used comp, which allowed for faster mobility and much higher dps:

    Whereas the previous record opted for using thief portals, we decided to utilise 2 mesmers instead, as thief portaling in most situations takes too much time due to its 1-way mechanic. Due to the unexpectedly fast pace, we ended up running into cooldown issues, which were mostly solved by Nika using Frenzy sigils and trying to upkeep permanent alacrity on himself.

    The Engineer was used in order to provide stealth, a bit of might, and, most importantly, quickness on the first 2 bosses thanks to the recent Scrapper buffs. This allowed us to drop the previously mandatory Guardian.

    The Weaver's main purpose was to provide incredibely high dps and blasts/fire fields to the party. Additionally, the fgs given to the Mesmer after the Cart also made it possible for him to quickly get out of combat, making his skip a little bit faster plus allowing him to be Chrono instead of Mirage on the cart fight, which increased his dps by a lot.

    Similarly to the Weaver, the Soulbeast's main task also was to do damage and provide damage buffs, mainly Frost Spirit and One Wolf Pack.

    Thanks for watching/reading, we hope you enjoy the run!

    submitted by /u/---Roul---
    [link] [comments]

    Been playing very casually on and off since Beta, and don't really have anyone to share this with, but after 9 years I finally have my first legendary!

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 02:46 AM PDT

    Icon Assignments (with reasons)

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 05:28 AM PDT

    Skritt go North Camp

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 04:25 AM PDT

    People are overlooking the much more obvious part of the teaser. I think it's this.

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 07:24 PM PDT

    How to snap your DPS meter and Breakbar meter together (and get your arcdps looking smokin' hot)

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 11:55 PM PDT

    How awesome it would be if we could dye it ourselves the Legendary Backpack Ad İnfinitum ����

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 07:17 AM PDT

    I appreciate that he was polite enough to introduce himself first.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 01:53 AM PDT

    Guild Wars 2 on Twitter: Some of you noticed a mysterious figure in the #GuildWars2 anniversary post we shared earlier this week. It looked something like this. #GW2EOD #EndOfDragons

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 01:06 PM PDT

    Reward System in WvW

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    First thing that came to mind on seeing the new teaser

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 03:25 PM PDT

    This is why you don't rush to ress people in PvP

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 08:27 AM PDT

    My most favorite view in Ember Bay

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 05:58 AM PDT

    The response you get from beastmarshal when doing this story step with a roller beetle.

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    The response you get from beastmarshal when doing this story step with a roller beetle.

    https://preview.redd.it/1z0560kn24k71.png?width=2115&format=png&auto=webp&s=bc2b5761681b22a0a8c424b6aad65aff42d656de

    So I was doing some achievements and decided to try it with a roller beetle, then got this response from her.I find it interesting since roller beetle came out way after this story step.

    Edit: just checked wiki and the dialog is the same for warclaw and skyscale as well.

    submitted by /u/andrei9669
    [link] [comments]

    A story of 40 million eyes of kormir, 9 banned accounts and a click bot! Take it as a warning! :)

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 11:09 AM PDT

    Dear Community,

    First of all, I would like to apologize for the grammar, spelling and punctuation errors that appear in the following text. I hope my message gets through anyway.

    Very few of you will know me, because as a trader I mainly spent my time at the trading post. Nevertheless, I would like to address myself to you today with an appeal:

    Don't use a click bot

    In contrast to a statement from Arena Net (https://de.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5c19if/got\_banned\_for\_using\_primitive\_mouse\_clicker/) you can finally banned from using a click bot.

    What happened?

    As a player who has played GW1 and GW2 for about 15 years, my focus has always been on trading items. Especially since I've been playing GW2, my main interest has always been on items that nobody wanted and on which I bet on selling them at a later point, if they are needed and profitable. I pushed the limits of the game and if I was interested in an item, I usually bought it until I had a gigantic inventory. I did that with the eyes of kormir. An item that nobody wanted and that I have consistently bought up over the past two years. Since around >60,000 eyes were sold there per day, a considerable amount of around 40,000,000 (+/- 2500000) pieces has naturally accumulated. The purchase order was placed by me with a simple click bot (named AutoClicker) and the purchased eyes then accumulated in the warehouse of the trading post (In the past two years nobody of ArenaNet seems to have cared about that and the use of the click-bot). A considerable amount, which I would probably never have sold again, but the attraction of having the only monopoly in GW2 was so great that I still kept buying millions more.This was never actually my plan, but it has evolved over time. I have never used other third-party programs, RMT or bugusing, and I always decidedly rejected them.

    Here is the answer to my support ticket from ArenaNet why I was banned, in original (German, also as a screenshot in the attachment) and translated by me into English:

    „Hallo,

    Vielen Dank, dass du das Guild Wars 2-Supportteam kontaktiert hast.

    Im Spiel über diese Accounts wurden automatisiertes Spielen und die Nutzung von Drittherstellerprogrammen wahrgenommen. Dieses Verhalten kann nicht durch die Nutzung des Makrosystems und andere verfügbare Hilfsmittel im Spiel erzielt werden. Bitte beachte, dass die Nutzung von Drittherstellerprogrammen zusammen mit unseren Spielen gegen die Nutzungsbedingungen und Verhaltensregeln verstößt:

    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/

    Da wir für all unsere Spieler angenehme und faire Rahmenbedingungen aufrechterhalten wollen, nehmen wir solche Aktivitäten äußerst ernst. Aus diesem Grund ist die Entscheidung, diese Accounts zu schließen,endgültig.

    Bitte beachte, dass wir in dieser Angelegenheit und zu diesem Account keine weitere Hilfestellung leisten können. Deswegen werden weitere Rückantworten oder neue Support-Tickets eventuell nicht beantwortet.

    Mit freundlichen Grüßen

    GM Cunorix
    Der Guild Wars 2-Kundendienst"

    „Hi there,

    Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 support team.

    Automated gaming and the use of third-party programs were perceived in the game via these accounts. This behavior cannot be achieved through the use of the macro system and other available tools in the game. Please note that the use of third-party programs together with our games violates the terms of use and rules of conduct:

    --"see the links in the top"--

    Since we want to maintain pleasant and fair conditions for all of our players, we take such activities extremely seriously. Because of this, the decision to close these accounts is final.

    Please note that we cannot provide any further assistance in this matter and this account. Therefore, further replies or new support tickets may not be answered.

    Kind regards

    GM Cunorix

    Guild Wars 2 Customer Service"

    What effects has this ban had?

    My main account, my 7 alt accounts and two accounts of friends were blocked. The click-bot only ran on one of these accounts (the one with eyes of kormir), the other accounts never came into contact with it or other third-party programs. That a ban is directed against me, I can live with and since yesterday I finished with GW2 as a game and am slowly finding my peace with it. The fact that two accounts were blocked by my friends who only logged in on my PC (in some case more than 7 months ago) and who have nothing to do with the actual topic were also blocked is arbitrary and hostage for me because they don't deserve. Neither of them are particularly active players, but that doesn't change the arbitrariness of ArenaNet. In my opinion, they were only blocked because dialed in with my IP.

    The fact that also all my accounts will be blocked, including my GW1 account I personally find very excessive and hard. At the end I will be treated like players who, for example in the near past, have had massive bug using, duplicated items and more or less obviously have operated in RMT. Had I probably done RMT I would have gotten off scot-free, what an irony. But that doesn't help me in the end, because although I have always tried to stay away from everything that destroys the game, not to scam anyone and always to be fair in my trading, I was banned because of the click bot. By the way, that was my first pass in 15 years and I've never heard of someone being banned because of a click bot, especially not finally.

    If the claim arises that I used other third party programs, I can 100% assure you that I never did. To do this, I would have had to actively participate in the game (e.g. raids, fractals, WvW ...) and above all, have to master it. Everyone who knows me, knows that I have still no plan of my main character the elementalist and maybe at most I can participate in a HoT meta or world boss without dieing.(You have seen mostly at the trading post at royal terrace). Anything beyond that, even a monkey could do better and that probably offends the monkey more than me.

    I do not expect pity, because in the end I am the only one who is responsible for that actions. Some of you will hate me, others will judge me, I can deal with that, I just want to warn you that even a simple click bot can cost you everything and I want to address this to all of you, especially to all traders. See it as a lesson and warning!

    Finally, I would like to thank all of you for the great time together, for the nice people I got to know in 15 years and this unbelievable and uniquely helpful community.

    I would also like to thank all my business partners for the great cooperation and apologize for the inconvenience that has now arisen, some of them have now lost gold due to my spell.

    It's been 15 good years, but now it seems like the time has come to embark on a New World, the Guild Wars chapter has unfortunately come to an inglorious, but an end.

    Sir Cartabius. 5361

    submitted by /u/SirCartabius
    [link] [comments]

    Not entirely sure what happened here, but I managed to mass forage/loot at once. I used "Glyph of reaping" and "Glyph of the Timekeeper"

    Posted: 28 Aug 2021 04:49 AM PDT

    Me waitin' for End of Dragons like:

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 04:14 PM PDT

    I saw that icon being speculated for Ele or Thief, but don't know whether this potential connection has been mentioned yet. If Thieves really get [spoiler] as the weapon, it could fit even better, but this sounds like it could be a lore-relevant Thief spec from Cantha, maybe?

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 05:35 PM PDT

    Guild Chat - Septermber 10th | Gameplay details on Fishing and Skiffs

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 12:10 PM PDT

    “Are you new?”

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 12:07 PM PDT

    I'm just relaying this experience cuz I think it's funny. I'm what people would probably call a "filthy casual"? I have adult adhd and hyperfixate on games for weeks before abandoning them for months or years. I don't have the energy or care to play the meta. What I do love is running around and doing all the things. My main character, a human ranger/druid with a sylvan hound, has his map completion at 76%.

    And I fall off ledges a lot.

    I managed to fall to my death yet again in front of another player, full glowy armor and whatnot. The only glowy thing on me is my zenith bow. "Oops" in chat.

    Dude comes over and heals me. "You good?"

    "Yeah, I do that a lot. My bad."

    "You hanging around for the event?"

    I have barely started this particular region. "Probably? I'm kinda just running around."

    "Are you new? (:"

    There it is. Every time, people think I'm new. "Nooo I have had this character for" check "3,177 days?"

    Dude had run off before I finished. I reinstalled the game recently with my useless discs. Didn't know it was free to play now. I am the oldest noob.

    It was three minutes before I fell off another cliff.

    submitted by /u/matteopolk
    [link] [comments]

    Dear Anet, please fix the bounty bug in Istan and make Feast of Birthday Cake be able to override itself and the malnourished condition.

    Posted: 27 Aug 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    A bit annoying tbh. I've killed all the bounties in Istan only to figure out there's an achievement related to it and it only shows that I only killed one. When I go back to do it again, nothing, just nothing...

    The cake feast is another thing. Not being able to override other foods is one thing, but not being to be able to override itself or the malnourished condition is just inconvenient.

    submitted by /u/SumYumGhai
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment