• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 7, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - August 07, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - August 07, 2021


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - August 07, 2021

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 06:00 AM PDT

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Minstrel's Waypoint [CMAJ] 7th Anniversary Live Ingame Concert on EU is in a week!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 02:24 AM PDT

    There is SO much to do!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 01:59 AM PDT

    I'm a casual gamer who recently became a dad and therefore have limited time to play games.

    I've played WoW for a long time and was always angry that when I paused for some months everything I had achieved had become irrelevant. I tried ESO and FF14, but hated the combat of both.

    I recently returned to GW2 after not having played since Living World Season 2 and am blown away by the things I can do:

    • Living World which has become better and better, season 3 was amazing!
    • Icebrood saga, almost feels like an expansion up until now, especially the first episode
    • Strike missions which I never played and like quite a lot
    • Slowly but surely crafting piece by piece of ascended gear
    • World completion on the side as I still want to craft a legendary some day!
    • Raids, although I've never touched one until now

    Of course this is not the full list, but more than enough for me at the time. I can imagine if you're a student (oh sweet memories) you have way more time and may burn out quicker, but for me this is perfect!

    Back in WoW after I finished the campaign I would do either M+ or Raid, both I didn't like much, mainly because of people constantly complaining about ilvl.. This usually ruined my fun and I logged out shortly after.

    I haven't made many posts on Reddit, but am hoping that this can help convince potential new players to try th game!

    submitted by /u/darksight12
    [link] [comments]

    The tradition must live on! Ley-Lag Anomaly

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 01:23 AM PDT

    One Punch Man and Genos on adventures in Tyria

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    Thank you random mentally impervious player

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:17 PM PDT

    I don't know if they're on reddit, I don't know if they'll ever see this, and I don't know if I'll ever see them again but I wanted to say thank you.

    Earlier during a PUG of T4 dailies, a healbrand with a name consisting entirely of gibberish single handedly:

    1) refused to get salty after wipes

    2) held together the party that was getting majorly toxic towards each other

    3) was the best healbrand I've ever fucking seen

    4) provided ascended food for every roll we were playing

    5) offered friendly and non aggressive critique to those underperforming

    Thank you mystery healbrand, I hope to have the mental fortitude that you do.

    submitted by /u/GCSpellbreaker
    [link] [comments]

    I have combined over 1000 Raid logs to show the movement and DPS of the players.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:38 PM PDT

    Family started playing again ^-^

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 06:04 AM PDT

    This is just me sharing my excitement (sorry about formatting, I'm on mobile)

    My parents recently came back to the game after 5 ish years and I'm really excited! They had both stopped playing previously even before HoT came out and never bothered with any of the expansions up until now. When my dad heard about the next expansion being Cantha he got interested again since he used to play a lot of Gw1 back in the day and somehow got my mom excited as well so they bought all the expansions (The bundle where you get all 3) and now they are exploring/doing story together and it's just so fun to watch them enjoy the game together again 😊

    Last time my sister and her husband came over for dinner we started talking about the game and we got them excited too and they also bought the expac bundle ^

    I have played both expansions but took a few years break (finally reached the icebrood saga recently myself) but I've sort of been mentoring my whole family now getting all sorts of questions like: "Oh what's this?", "How do I get this?", "Oh wow there is so much to so now!" and I'm just really excited to play with all of them again since it has been like 5 years 😅

    submitted by /u/Kazuya_97
    [link] [comments]

    Since we'll be doing this until EoD, does this bother anyone else?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 03:47 AM PDT

    Free episode unlocks are nice, but will it return? (Pun not intended)

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 04:09 AM PDT

    The main problem people have when I show them gw2 is that they have to invest again just to be able to play the story.

    When I tell them about the expacs and come to the episodes they are always heavily negatively surprised that they have to spend a ton of time to buy the episodes with gold instead of investing that gold into character relevant items OR spend real money AGAIN so they can keep the gold for stuff they actually want instead of story which should have come with the expac.

    Everyone says you can get the episodes for free currently is a bit of a two edged sword because half of the episodes are now back locked behind a paywall again.

    I think it is a real problem that the majority of the community take it for granted that they have all the episodes, me included. We were just there all the time to get them for free. However, it still is a very real problem for getting new players into the game. All the friends of mine were scared away because of this.

    submitted by /u/Drewgart
    [link] [comments]

    I enjoyed the first two necro elite specs, I'm interested to see what the third's playstyle is like.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 12:12 PM PDT

    GW2 All Arounder Controller Config for Steam

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 03:37 AM PDT

    I made a controller configuration for GW2 that should be fairly simple to use and feel somewhat natural. It's designed for an Xbox Controller according to steam, but honestly this was my 8bitdo, which is closer to a PS4/Pro Controller in feel and layout, so it shouldn't matter. Follow the bindings in the imgur link I have attached in the Desc, or, I'll leave it here https://imgur.com/a/C4Bsn1H too.

    And of course the binding itself steam://controllerconfig/guild%20wars%202/2568313570

    P.S. Yes I'm aware I'm far from the first person to do this, but frankly, I haven't really liked anyone elses configs as they felt a little too...hand twisty. Mine simply uses simple button toggles and ONE set switch to accomplish everything. Though it'll take some getting used to, it should be easy on the hands/wrists.

    submitted by /u/Melechtna
    [link] [comments]

    Maybe everyone’s wishes will comes true with the “Warden” Ranger and “Juggernaut.” Engineer

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 03:42 AM PDT

    I have a dream (Revenant PoV)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 11:01 AM PDT

    Another step for better marketing from Anet.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 01:29 PM PDT

    If size of the ones in Factions is any indication and anet allows the usage (including weaponry) in open world – you can bet players will be showing up at Boss fights with Siege Turtle mounts and it will be spectacular!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 02:42 AM PDT

    Exordium Glows in the Mists

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 07:58 AM PDT

    Maybe this isn't just a coincidence? The three outfits went on sale and Balthazar's Regalia outfit didn't...

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 05:27 AM PDT

    Does lag/ping actually affect your DPS by a small amount?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 07:15 AM PDT

    I know this may sound stupid, but let me explain myself first. This is just a something I've been thinking of, and for all I know, GW2 may have systems in place that actually accounts/compensates for lag in terms of rotations and such. I'm basing a lot of the "evidence" off observation, so honestly this could be a very subjective thing and maybe I'm actually just bad, but I do want to talk about it a bit to see which it is.

    There are builds that rely on fitting in a certain number of skills within a set duration to upkeep dps, which I feel suffer the most from minor gaps in skill activation due to lag. The ones that come to mind are Dragonhunter (F1), Soulbeast (Sic'em/One Wolf Pack), and Berserker (Berserk). Within these builds, you're going to want to chain together as many skills as quickly as possible with as little downtime as possible within your rotation. Normally, this is fine because your skills can be 'queued' such that while one ability is being used, you can activate another one to have it be used directly after the previous skill is finished. However, the issue that I've noticed is when you're swapping weapons or using a skill immediately after it comes off cooldown/gets refreshed, there is a little bit of downtime, which increases with the more ping you have.

    Say for example, you use a 1.75s cast skill at 0 seconds. You can queue up another skill while the first skill is still being cast without any problem, such that after 1.75s, the next skill is immediately being cast.

    However, if the skill is coming off cooldown just as you need to use it, the downtime between this new skill and the previous skill in the rotation will have a minor downtime of maybe 0.25 seconds, because you can only activate the skill once it comes off cooldown rather than 'queue' it. This applies to the weapon swap cooldown or even on buttons like guardian's torch 4 with radiant fire granting zealot's flame on crit. For the latter, because of a single button having to be pressed 3 times in succession, there does seem to be a noticeable gap between activations. To me, it seems that doing zealot's fire > zealot's flame > zealot's fire is noticeably a bit slower than zealot's flame > zealot's fire x2 for this specific reason potentially. With zealot's fire being 2 ammunition stacks on the same skill, it doesn't need to 'switch', which allows you to actually queue both of them instead of having the account for the minor lag by swapping between flame and fire.

    The same idea applies to weapon swapping, or stuff like firebrand tomes. If you're swapping to a separate weapon set and need to use a skill immediately afterwards, there will be a short duration where you are unable to queue any skills, because they aren't on your skillbar until the weapon swap goes through. I've seen this while playing for example when I play Soulbeast. I swap to my D/A set and immediately press axe 4, like I'm literally spamming the button, but there's a noticable gap between the animations, because a dagger autoattack slips through, and if not accounted for, I may end up pressing axe 5 too early and cancelling the axe 4 animation before it starts. There's also a small gap between activating a firebrand tome and having its first skill used in tome go off for example.

    The impact of it is very minor in small amounts, losing mere milliseconds every few seconds, especially if the rotation is lenient like scourge or doesn't rely too much on weapon swapping and using skills in quick succession. However, the one class where I do notice this is in berserker, both condi and power. Berserker builds usually rely on pressing your buttons really quickly off cooldown, but when there's a short period of lag between when you want to use a skill like axe 3 and when it actually activates, you end up being halfway/all the way through the animation of the autoattack, so you might as well have not wasted axe 3 at all since they both give the same amount of adrenaline. For condi berserker, you need to weapon swap 5 times within berserk according to the optimal dps rotation, making it an even more noticeable issue. If you can't get off the last 2 attacks in the rotation (which is right after a weapon swap), you're losing out on something like 8 stacks of 4 second burning and some power damage. For most builds, the only problem that lag imposes is that your overall rotation will take longer, but for the specific case of berserker rotations, it means you won't be able to fit in your skills during the rotation which has a set time limit. The same thing goes for power berserker, where despite doing a near perfect rotation, the maximum decapitates I've ever been able to pull off on the golem 13, where the optimal is 14.

    Now, I'm not saying that this is a huge issue at all, rather an observation I wanted to talk about and see if it had any sort of truth behind it. Sometimes, I feel like I'm queuing my buttons in succession correctly, but I notice an autoattack or two slip through nearly every time, which sort of led me to believe that's the lag which causes there to be a little unavoidable downtime between skills under certain conditions. To put it into perspective, hypothetically, a 25 second rotation could be extended to 26 seconds because of the small gaps due to lag adding up. If you do the exact same skills in the same time (not considering losing out on 'burst' conditions such as DH F1), it's about a 4% dps loss. Ultimately, this little bit of dps is insignificant, but it does eat at me away a little bit when no matter how hard i practice and perfect a rotation, I can only get to about 92%-93% of the bench.

    submitted by /u/OfflaneTrash
    [link] [comments]

    So, it seems they want to add variety and difficulty with open world mobs

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 02:48 PM PDT

    They talked about veterans having new spells, they even talked about Elites, which only appears because of Scaling almost atm, iirc.

    What do you think? Do they plan to add several layers and more distinct variations of monsters in open world?

    I'm personnally intrigued, not hyped, but there is a clear wish to add some challenge to open world, at least moderately, since IBS, with the events affix and such.

    What is your opinion on that? DIdn't see much talk about it

    submitted by /u/DemethValknut
    [link] [comments]

    August Sales have begun

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 09:33 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment