• Breaking News

    Friday, August 20, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 The Lionguard don't want you to know this but frogs in Bloodtide Coast are free you can take them home I have 75 frogs.

    Guild Wars 2 The Lionguard don't want you to know this but frogs in Bloodtide Coast are free you can take them home I have 75 frogs.


    The Lionguard don't want you to know this but frogs in Bloodtide Coast are free you can take them home I have 75 frogs.

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 02:08 AM PDT

    Oh god what have I done....

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 03:33 AM PDT

    Cosplay: Archer Emiya from Fate series

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 05:21 AM PDT

    Update after almost 3 months since starting GW2

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 08:35 PM PDT

    (First post got auto-modded because of the title)

    I made a post here roughly 2.5 months ago asking a bunch of questions and starting the game for the first time ever as a pretty seasoned MMO vet. Well I'm now 2.5 months in (character age is 70 days) and boy do I want to talk about it!


    The Community


    First and foremost, GW2 has by FAR the nicest and most welcoming player base I have ever seen. Even people who have been playing for years and years would whisper me after 1 question and talk to me for hours about the game and their experiences in it. This is super refreshing coming from pretty elitist games and trying to min-max day in and day out.

    Something I really loved once I realized it after 2 weeks, is that you can join multiple guilds. Guilds have been such a selling point for me growing up for the community and friendships that come out of them. I hated leaving friendly guilds just to be able to advance in other games, so the guild system here makes me so happy!


    The Core Game


    Starting out I was pretty overwhelmed by everything being available to me so fast. I had Hearts and Orange circles that were time sensitive, massive home cities that were difficult to navigate, multiple attack patterns for each class with different weapon setups and just about 8-9 different currencies that were just given to me from completion and boxes.

    It was quite a lot to take in in my first 2 weeks even as an MMO vet. But damn if it was worth it! The weapon system is so unique and really makes for interesting PvP and character originality. I can play a class that is supposed to be a heavy armor warrior and run around with a staff no problem. Hunter? Nah burst greatsword. Undead necromancer? Nah gun go pewpew. My point is that the class system is super interesting and I'm still trying to find a class and build that fits me really well!

    Leveling to 80 was such an unexpected blast. The map is beautiful and exploration feels so rewarding along with mobs never feeling too strong but you can't just speed clear anything. Very nicely balanced in the core game leveling experience. The main story leaves a little to be desired, it got kind of repetitive but the first playthrough it was entertaining. Being a commander of an army with a smol mace and chain helmet was quite funny.

    Honestly the game just feels extremely well polished and is such a user friendly experience, it's been very impressive.


    Post 80, Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire


    Once I hit 80 the very first time, I was lost. All of a sudden I would WvW, start Living world, Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire when I bought the expansions the minute I hit 80, then there were Fractals, Strikes and Open World Bosses. So much content opened up all at once! I took this time to make another 80 (my current main Condi Renegade) and slowly take it all in while leveling again.

    But after finding my footing, this content is so rich to explore and while not always interesting, I don't feel like it's even possible to rush to "max power". Im currently doing T2 Fractals and working on getting into T3 (70 agony resistance which was another weird thing I had to learn), just crafted my ascended weapon and unlocked the warclaw mount for WvW.


    I love this game so far


    I'm still working through all this stuff, my eyes set on T4 fractals and starting raids, while still exploring the storylines for HoT and PoF. This game has been such a breath of fresh air when it comes to MMOs, the only criticisms I really have is the main story lacking and the base armors really don't look that great. Luckily I got a sick outfit and was gifted a really awesome weapon skin from my guild!

    Thank you all for being such an amazing community and keeping this game alive. Happy hunting!

    submitted by /u/Giaccone
    [link] [comments]

    My experience so far with Willbender in WvW zerg play

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 06:59 AM PDT

    Wow! First time GW Player

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 07:18 PM PDT

    I come from many other MMO's, most recent being WOW and SOL. I figured I would try GW2 and I am in shock. This games combat is so unique along with an unbelievable assortment of builds to choose from. I did roll a Guardian which I have heard is OP but I am kicking ass in Rated PVP. Very happy with this game. I feel like I will be playing for a very long time. Happy to be a part of the community. I would love to get into WvW PVP, but I feel so intimidated. I am a US East player so if any Guild's are recruiting hit me up! Cheers.

    submitted by /u/CapN0Cap
    [link] [comments]

    Shout out to everyone who worked on Virtuoso and Harbinger

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 07:10 PM PDT

    My husband and I went into the beta with zero intention to buy Cantha. We tried the new specs and ended up loving the two classes we had always hated to play. Now we have both pre-ordered! Glad we are being given the chance to try out the new specs. Looking forward to seeing the next ones!

    submitted by /u/tapuk0k0
    [link] [comments]

    Progress in GW2 after 1 year of playing

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 03:22 AM PDT

    Edit: Perhaps 1200 hours isn't casual for a year. Do consider that I did have around 3 months off work for surgery then had a phased return to work. Currently I play around 6-8 hours per week so I suppose it was very skewed in the beginning.

    Disclaimer: there is no obligation for you to do any of what I have done - play the game how you want to play. Most importantly: enjoy the game! Also, plenty of people have done way way more in 1 year - I'm not so efficient.

    Original post

    I've seen a lot of posts from new players recently, so after 1 year of playing Guild Wars 2 I wanted to give some context of what things might look like for you after a year of playing. I'm super excited to have so much growing interest in a game I love.

    When I was starting out I wondered where it might lead a month or a year down the line. I must stress that my intention isn't to "brag", I'm personally proud of my in game achievements but I don't consider it impressive, it's all about what you enjoy and your personal time allowance.

    First of all, I'm not sure how I'd describe my play style. I want to say casual - I have 1200 hours of play in the last year - but you can make that call. Averages to around 3 hours per day. I came to GW2 whilst off work due to surgery, and so I had more time to play in the beginning. The game means a lot to me personally as it helped me maintain motivation on my surgery recovery (I'm not sure why or how!).

    This shouldn't be misconstrued as a guild advert post, but I do want to say the below would have been much more difficult without a guild and I'm so grateful for my guildies. I encourage you to join a guild, any guild, to help you progress and make friends.

    Story - Completed core story twice - On main character completed all but IBS - Now playing "return to.." and will do IBS when I get to it

    Instanced content - Regularly clear raid wings 1-4, more recently 5-7 - Started raid CMs, need Samarog and 5-7 - Daily fractal CMs (edit: I train CMs in my guild) - Done strikes a plenty, they're fun!

    Other content - I've dabbled in WvW and really enjoyed it. I'll be going for the conflux ring soon enough. I love WvW - PvP I've only played 10 games, but it's intensely fun - 69% map completion (ikr)

    Mounts - All unlocked - All of them are awesome

    Gear - Ascended gear is much more accessible after raiding a lot and getting drops. I still remember how proud I was for crafting my first ascended heavy set for power dragonhunter - Full heavy legendary armour - Ad infinitum (legendary backpack)

    Characters - Main guardian with 1120 hours: cFB, DgH, hFB, qFB - Geared an alacren but I don't get on with the play style of revenant. Going to try again with condi ren - Geared a druid, starting to learn to play it in raids - Gearing a condi scourge for fractals/raids - Levelling thief and engineer organically to learn the class - Other alts parked in various places

    Friends

    I've made some awesome friends along my GW2 journey, who I genuinely look forward to talking to or playing with. I actually hosted an IRL barbecue at my place for the closer friends. I imagine the IRL meet up is rare, but you can make friends if you want to through this game.

    If you have any questions then feel free. I'd love to hear how anyone else has progressed and just discuss the game, because I could talk about it for hours!

    submitted by /u/MattJC7
    [link] [comments]

    I like virtuoso's animations so much OMG! However, I hope they will reduce the effects, because some skills hide the view D:

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 11:18 PM PDT

    Recently came back to check out the Virtuoso spec. They really changed mesmer

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 03:06 PM PDT

    playing scrapper in HoT for the first time and was inspired to make this

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 10:46 AM PDT

    Revenant Lore book

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 09:41 PM PDT

    I absolutely love the Revenant as a profession, and unlike the others, it holds an IMMENSE sense of mystery and is practically a goldmine of untapped potential.

    Please Arenanet, write a book or something that just goes into FULL lore dump on Revenant, I will buy it. I will pour over every single word so I can FINALLY understand what I'm playing and how I can enjoy it more. Because right now we're practically working with table scraps.

    submitted by /u/Oathkeeper0317
    [link] [comments]

    Willbender MAMA CM98 Solo (+ some thoughts on the spec)

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 01:31 PM PDT

    The achievements UI section needs a rework.

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 11:06 AM PDT

    To keep it short, it's unintuitive and kind of confusing, everything is grouped up into achievements, while some of them have literal storylines and rewards like quests and others are just regular "do a bunch of that thing". It all feels like it's hidden from a player in a way, especially if you're new at the game.

    It is confusing and I feel like a ton of peeps skip on some good content because of it.

    If we get any kind of UI rework in the future, this needs to be looked at, encourage players to engage with this system, group it into a separate tab or UI window like a Journal or something with tasks that are quest-like and better tracking.

    I mean best example is how the vast majority of new players have no idea they can get Ascended weapon-themed after their elite spec.

    submitted by /u/onframe
    [link] [comments]

    Wich infusion/item gives this aura effect ?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 04:49 AM PDT

    Wich infusion/item gives this aura effect ?

    Hey , would you guys mind to help me ? What item/infusion gives this fiery gray aura effect ? Im not talking about Koda's warmth

    https://preview.redd.it/dmmbaj3b4ii71.png?width=2560&format=png&auto=webp&s=b18dffd5a13bc683b7b9cf651115e277d6d97924

    submitted by /u/Mobile_Ad_463
    [link] [comments]

    Why you should consider gearing a Quickness Scrapper (Qrapper)

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 09:51 AM PDT

    With the latest patch, we got a few significant buffs to Quickness Scrapper, one of 3 potential permanent quickness sources for 5 targets alongside Firebrand and Chrono. The extra power from taking more berserker's pieces over diviner's pieces has raised the bench to ~29k, which is about the same or better than chrono. Here I list some pros and cons of taking it over the other 2.

    Even if you don't play Quickscrap, I hope that this post will convince you that one joining your LFG is an asset to the team and not trolling

    Pros:

    -You bring permanent superspeed, helpful to get to splits and back to the boss quickly.

    -Easy rotation. Much easier to execute this rotation than chrono. I believe that when you have a lot of alts, keeping the ones you don't play as often on low maintenance, easy rotations that can still perform quite well is beneficial to your team.

    -Nigh indestructible. With a percentage of your damage converted into barrier, your scholar uptime is excellent. You can tank through many things your allies need to dodge. You can even be maintank if you grab some toughness.

    -Excellent cleave dps. Everything cleaves!

    -You finally get to use hammer in pve.

    -Quickness is not proximity based. (Firebrand mantras are currently bugged and will give quickness to mesmer clones, necromancer minions, and anyone else standing in them that aren't your allies, despite still only having 5 max targets. Its looking like Harbinger quickness will also have this problem.)

    -You come with a buttload of cc. Hammer 5 CCs and sets up a lightning field that you can Hammer 3 into for 2x daze finishers. F2 is another lightning field CC. Blast gyro is another CC.

    -You can rez downed allies from a range without interrupting anything with function gyro.

    -You have a built in shared stunbreak

    -Your skills move with you. Did you start your blast and shredder gyros just before your tank got teleported at VG? Not a big deal, you can follow VG and your skills go with you. Firebrand's purging flames/book 4, chrono's wells don't have this luxury.

    -You scale based off of #condis on the boss. We're in a condi meta and there are often many condis on the boss :)

    Cons:

    -You have lower burst dps than the chrono. This will be more evident on fights with very short burns such as KC.

    -You don't generate enough fury, unlike the firebrand, so you should be in the druid sub. This con doesn't matter if you are in the druid sub since they cover the quickness. Chrono also has the lack of fury problem so this is not unique to scrapper.

    -On fights with adds, Blast Gyro can knock them away, and you need to keep using it to grant quickness so you can't just not use it. It's a pretty niche issue and not a big deal if you're playing with epi scourges anyway.

    Suggested fights:

    All of wing 1. Slothasor and Bandit Trio. All of wing 3. MO (because everything is fine on MO), Samarog, Deimos. River and Statues. CA. Qadim 1. Cardinal Adina. QTP. It's also the easiest Gate clearer you'll ever play.

    A build (Not the only viable build, but its close. Within ~1% of the optimized version iirc.) You want spotter in this build, but you'll need to be in the druid sub anyway because you don't produce enough fury.

    Diviner's amulet, all other gear berserker's. Hammer with force sigil and concentration sigil. Scholar runes. Butternut squash and a superior sharpening stone.

    Traits are same as snowcrows: Explosives 3 2 3, Firearms 3 3 2, Scrapper 1 3 2.

    Skills: Heal gyro, Blast gyro, Shredder gyro, grenade kit, mortar kit

    submitted by /u/cheekybokiki
    [link] [comments]

    For Laidback Play: Controller using Xpadder

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 05:32 PM PDT

    A cluster!uck of mount abilities and key binds expressed in similarly cluster!uck way

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 07:06 AM PDT

    Returing player

    Posted: 20 Aug 2021 06:29 AM PDT

    After years of disappointments with new releasing games, I decided to go back to GW2 again. I have done all there is to do in Vanilla and also did some expansions content previously. Thing is, all that is left to be done, is mostly too hard content for solo play (at least for me). And I have learnt that guilds are mostly focused on endgame and don't have time to help one casual dude get his flying mount or do living world stories.

    So, maybe there is a player in a similar situation and we could help each other? Do expansion map complitions, story etc. Or maybe a veteran player, bored with endgame, who wish to do those things on an alt? If you are reading this and this appeal to you, give me a private message here on reddit. EU players only, unless you have a pretty messed up sleep schedule.

    submitted by /u/DarkWanderer2
    [link] [comments]

    Willbender - All Animations for All Races/Genders + Legendary Sword Effects

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 01:35 PM PDT

    [Lore] A crackpot theory about Bubbles, Cantha, and Abaddon

    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 12:15 PM PDT

    I've had this crazy theory bouncing around my head for a while now. I'll explain everything below but if you don't want to read a ton of rambling I'll put the main idea here.

    TL:DR: Abaddon let himself become corrupted by the Deep Sea Dragon. The Jade Wind that was released when Shiro died was a mix of Abaddon's god magic and the DSD's dragon magic. That's why the jade technology in End of Dragons is called "Dragon Jade". Bonus: Lyssa may now be taking Abaddon's role.

    Now let me explain Groundwork 1: Things that we know

    1. Each dragon has two spheres of influence for their powers. Zhaitan was shadow and death, Primordus was fire and conflagration, etc.

    2. The human gods each had their own speheres of influence. Grenth was darkness, ice, and death, Balthazar was fire and war, etc.

    3. Abaddon's spheres of influence were knowledge and water. He was called the keeper of secrets and lord of the everlasting depths.

    4. There is magic that is at odds with other kinds magic. Dragons can't use their magic to corrupt the minions of other dragons. Not forcibly anyways. Any consenting being can accept a dragon's magic and become one of their champions like Caithe did with Aurene.

    5. It is thought that God magic and Dragon magic was incompatible because of the effect the divine fire torches had on Mordremoth's minions in LW2. But just like with different dragon magics its possible this could be overruled by consent.

    6. Abaddon had the ability to turn creatures into his minions in a method extremely similar to dragon corruption. In Nightfall we see Varesh Ossa turn into a margonite towards the end of the campaign.

    7. Abaddon was also responsible for twisting Shiro Tagachi's mind, causing him to assassinate the emperor of Cantha. The magic released when Shiro died created the Jade Wind that turned the forest to stone and (more importantly) turned the sea to jade.

    8. The jade in the jade sea is being used to power Cantha's magitech. They call the substance "Dragon Jade".

    Groundwork 2: Total leaps

    1. The DSD's spheres of influence are unknown. Water seems likely for bovious reasons. But I suspect their other domain could be secrets. This is the only dragon whose name we don't know, the only dragon that hasn't made a power grab like the others did, and the only dragon where the records of their existence are almost entirely destroyed. That's an awful lot of "we don't know" or "this has information about all the dragons except this one for some reason" for one of the six most powerful beings on the planet.

    2. If the DSD's influences are secrets and water then it aligns perfectly to Abaddon. Of all the six gods Abaddon was also the most likely to discover the dragons slumbering beneath Tyria.

    3. Physically Abaddon has a kindof tentacle theme going that's pretty much exclusive to him. Early lore about the DSD says that when the water dragon breathed it would twist the water into tentacled horrors. Dragon minions take on part of the appearance of their master. Those tentacles could have been one such transmutation.

    4. It has been speculated that the voice speaking to Aurene in the mists and speaking to the Dragon Jade engineer in Cantha is the voice of the DSD. From there it has been speculated that the DSD may have led this Canthan to discover the secrets of Dragon Jade.

    Conclusion: Tinfoil Hat Time

    I think that when the human gods arrived on Tyria Abaddon learned about and eventually became the champion of the Deep Sea Dragon. This connection twisted his appearance into the tentacled monster we fight in Nightfall. Every major conflict in GW1 was because of Abaddon. He gave Vizier Khilbron the tools to sink Orr, he corrupted Shiro, he corrupted Varesh, and his death awoke the Elder Dragons.

    I think the DSD has a significantly wider view than the other dragons and is somehow intrinsically tied to the creation and ending of the elder dragon cycles. It could possibly be the "mother" Kralkattorik referred to in his dying breath. I think the DSD could have a wider view of the eternal alchemy and could act as its steward on Tyria. I think this dragon orchestrated everything Abaddon did as part of ending the current cycle of dragons. I think this connection was what allowed the rogue margonite known as The Apostate to creat his map of "The All", a concept almost identical to the eternal alchemy. I also think this connection is why the Jade Sea has its own connection to dragon magic, because Shiro was himself a dragon minion in the end.

    Bonus: When Abaddon died Kormir took his domain of knowledge but Lyssa took his domain of Water. Lyssa herself has had a whole lot of weirdness surrounding her in gw2. It's strongly implied that she helped Balthazar in his mission to destroy the Elder Dragons, a mission ultimately which pushed Jormag, Primordus, and Kralkattorik into action. I think we very well may discover that the DSD used their magical connection with water to creat a connection to Lyssa just like they did with Abaddon. If Lyssa is an agent of the DSD it could very well be that everything Abaddon and Lyssa have done was to force the Elder Dragons into action. Action that would, ultimately, put them in conflict with the first group of heroes in millenia capable of putting an end to them.

    Phew, am I glad to have that off my chest. This h connection has been rattling around my brain since Flashpoint I think? It's pretty tinfoil but I can't stop thinking about it.

    submitted by /u/FifthTreeWarden
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment