• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 17, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - July 17, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - July 17, 2021


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - July 17, 2021

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 06:00 AM PDT

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The Night Sky in this Game is just Breathtaking!

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 03:13 AM PDT

    Been playing for 7 years as of today.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 11:24 PM PDT

    The Hardstuck Raiding Party Invitational Bracket Starts 30 Minutes After The Creation Of This Post!

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 08:48 AM PDT

    THE RAID TOURNAMENT IS BACK, NOW WITH 100% LESS ERP

    With the open bracket for the Hardstuck Raiding Party completed last weekend two challengers have been found; [Wipe] and [idk] now face an even greater ordeal... the Invitational Bracket! The very best raiders in the game will soon BATTLE to become the next COMMUNITY HEROES of Guild Wars 2!

    The ruleset of no more than 3 of the same elite specialization and no relogging remains but the format extends to ALL CHALLENGE MOTES being enabled and of course a full set of best of 3 matches culminating in a best of 5 Grand Finals tomorrow!

    The legendary speedrunning guilds, Quantify, Snow Crows, Seventeen Elitists and Downstate Cucks have been preparing for probably too long and are ready to unleash their strategies - don't miss out!

    Watch here!
    Look at the rules and bracket here!

    submitted by /u/MightyTeapot
    [link] [comments]

    Legendary Longbow Concept(s): Ambition & Damnation

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 08:27 AM PDT

    I wish every profession had an easter egg like Ranger does

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 03:47 AM PDT

    Ranger has a nice little secret where when 3 or more players in close proximity use Warhorn skill 5, "Call of the Wild", it will summon a Lunar Wolf.

    It may not have any actual use, but I really love this little easter egg and wish every profession had something like this.

    submitted by /u/CoconutRacecar
    [link] [comments]

    Normie guardian. Trying to fashion my toons to match their class color theme. Is ranger yellow or yellow green btw?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 02:45 AM PDT

    I just hit the daily AP cap.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 07:31 PM PDT

    I know I'm late to the party, but I was happy anyway.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 02:52 AM PDT

    Extra Legendary Runes and Sigils do NOT count for any compensation

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 03:58 AM PDT

    https://i.imgur.com/2rDQts0.png

    This is what I ended up with after everything was added to Armory.

    I contacted Anet CS because of these messages:
    https://i.imgur.com/mWQYb81.png
    https://i.imgur.com/7isn4BT.png
    Had the same messages for the other greatsword and Memory as well. I have 2 Eternities in Armory already.

    Also asked if there was anything for excess Legendary Runes and Sigils. I have received a message today stating that I have already received all compensation so nothing for the extra legendary upgrades. I was hoping to get the gifts of runes and sigils converted back to components as well since those have no use but make additional runes/sigils. Those were made prior to the Armory announcement.
    I am not sure why there is nothing for the Sunrise/Twilight items as the items and the mails specifically told me to contact Customer Service

    Edit: So GMMagister has replied and legendary upgrades are supposed to count for compensation so they will be looking into the issue!

    submitted by /u/Enko63
    [link] [comments]

    Glider dyes should be template specific

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 03:43 AM PDT

    Now, with more and more backpacks being dyeable, an issue I'm running into more and more is that, while the backpack is dyeable for its specific equipment template, the glider is not.

    You're left with the option of either using one color scheme across all your equipment templates or end up with an unmatching glider (or you use an entirely different glider that uses neither of your color schemes nor representing your backpack of choice).

    It might be a minor issue, but since fashion wars is a big part of this game and with the legendary armory making it even easier to swap your style basically on the fly, I wanted to at least bring this up to discussion.

    I'm aware that the issue also exists with mounts, but that's probably a different beast to tackle.

    submitted by /u/Fanintu
    [link] [comments]

    A collage of characters whose voice actors also star in GW2.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 04:51 PM PDT

    End of Support for Windows XP, Windows 32-Bit, and Mac Clients

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 11:53 AM PDT

    Vision Flavor Text

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 04:24 PM PDT

    Too easy to AFK in Dragonstorm?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 03:29 PM PDT

    So, I'm sure plenty of you has noticed this. People AFK:ing almost the entirety of the Dragonstorm encounter. When I was doing it tonight, even the squads commander was leeching (he was finishing up some bounties apparently) and then came and joined at the very end to get full credit. When people called him out for it, he kicked them. Obviously this is annoying, not that the instance is hard or anything, but the feeling that you're doing all the work for someone else can be infuriating.

    At the same time, I've seen commanders going bonkers over this in the oppsite way. Last week I was kicked during my loading screen to join the instance and the commander was spamming that you must be active or he'll kick you and "add you to the black list of leechers". You also better be sure to haul ass or he would notice your blue dot stalling and you'd get the kick.

    I know this is a common problem not only seen in Dragonstorm, it's common in any open world meta event (Drakkar is a prime example), but I think it's more noticable here since you're in a squad. You can't really do it in the Marionette in the same way as everyone kinda has to pull their weight.

    I don't know how this can be fixed (it probably won't be) but the fact that you can join the instance at any time makes it very appealing for people to join late and get full credit anyway. More engaging content which isn't pretty much brain dead (and easy, long and tedious) is maybe the best way?

    submitted by /u/dankbag
    [link] [comments]

    Best times to raid! NA

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 12:41 AM PDT

    I love raiding! But sometimes I cannot for the life of me figure out why no squads are up or why my squad takes 3 weeks to fill to 10 for a raid. I live in the Oceania region, so my timezone is far off the NA times. I am looking for times/days that are popular to raid on EST (I will convert in my own time). I have tried researching and tried raiding at consistent times but I don't think I am hitting the sweet spot as I can never find a pattern. Please feel free to drop a comment saying what time you find the best for raiding, or generally anything you do (wvw, fractals etc), that you find the best time to play!

    Edit: yes this post will get downvotes because it is not entertaining enough for the GW2 Reddit community , so just ignore upvotes/downvotes :)

    submitted by /u/Vudadasin
    [link] [comments]

    I love them, but Asura gates are mostly worthless.

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 09:04 AM PDT

    I've had this feeling for a while now, but I just can't just justify the in game use of Asura gates. Waypoints are too cheap and easy/convenient to use, even for long distance travel. Early into your first character they're cool if you struggle to earn enough silver to travel by waypoint, but as soon as that's passed asura gates function as lore more than a useful travel system. Maybe because the world is too small? I would love for them to have more use. I mean, in the world of Tyria, the gates are a focal point of trade and travel, but to the heroes(players) they are just pretty fantasy version of a stargates and entry to various storyline instances.

    submitted by /u/raeth123
    [link] [comments]

    Muk's trailer for his new website is SICK.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 11:38 AM PDT

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvTRIUkL2Pk

    Noxxi killed it with the editing.

    submitted by /u/Xevio
    [link] [comments]

    Hidden Arcana bugs at the end when regrouping with your allies

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 09:08 AM PDT

    happened twice now, and it's a long instance.

    these returns have NOT been fun so far. full of bugs, just NPCs talking at each other while you sit there.

    submitted by /u/FledAccrossTheDesert
    [link] [comments]

    Have you ever heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Guild Wars 2 with free trial with no limits, the Heart of Thorns expansion for free if you purchase the Path of Fire expansion, and with no monthly subscription?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 04:51 AM PDT

    After hearing a lot the meme I thought I'd create the GW2 version. Feel free to use or improve the wording, English is not my main language and I'm sure you can express it better.

    submitted by /u/La_Ilergete
    [link] [comments]

    Ninth Anniversary Gifts: Your Predictions

    Posted: 16 Jul 2021 11:21 AM PDT

    With 40 days left until the ninth anniversary gifts arrive for characters made during the headstart, what are people expecting to get?

    We're done with the armour sets now, but I'm definitely expecting two more of the luminious weapons and a level up scroll, but after last years surprise novelty, I have no idea what else they may include. Does anyone have any guesses?

    submitted by /u/i-play-GW2
    [link] [comments]

    Vision I: Awakening, Mastery achievement or PvP reward track?

    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 08:26 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I started looking at how Vision's collection work, and i noticed that most of the first items of the 6 collections for Vision I: Awakening can either be obtained with the "mastery achievement" of that story chapter or with the corresponding reward track (PvP/WvW)

    Do you know if any of these mastery achievements is significantly harder than the others?
    I was trying to decide which to complete the normal way and which to complete via reward track.

    Daybreak mastery , A bug in the system mastery , long live the lich mastery , a star to guide us mastery , all or nothing mastery , war eternal mastery.

    If anyone that completed this can give me some tips, that would be greatly appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/G1NOs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment