• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 9, 2021

    Guild Wars Just a joke - take your time. Utopia can't be crafted over night.

    Guild Wars Just a joke - take your time. Utopia can't be crafted over night.


    Just a joke - take your time. Utopia can't be crafted over night.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 04:04 PM PDT

    Looking for like minded folks.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2021 05:30 AM PDT

    Hey, I am currently building a guild from the bottom up. It's more of a casual/social space, that doesn't however mean that I don't intend to have events and runs and such. My intent is to build a place where people can come without fear of being booted because of activity or daily/weekly requirements. Yes, I would love to see many active players, but I also get how life is and GW may not be everyone's daily gaming priority. I have a full GH and am on a Lux alliance that is also active and building. My name in game is Vyn Daevas. Please message me if you have any interest or questions. I am also looking for officers. Hit me up :)

    submitted by /u/Duskyfiend
    [link] [comments]

    Shard's Sealed Deck is coming Back!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 05:31 PM PDT

    You can rub your eyes all you want. You're not seeing things. My Sealed Deck tournaments are coming back, and they're going to be better than they were before.

    What's Sealed Deck?

    For the uninitiated, Sealed Deck is a custom pvp format where each team is given a random selection of skills. It's sort of like Codex Arena, but each team gets a different pool of skills, and all the broken unfun skills are banned. Also it's GvG, so there's like, strategy and stuff. You can take a look at the previous Sealed Deck events I ran back in 2012 to get an idea of how it worked.

    PvE players are welcome to join as well. The random nature of the event makes it so even if you have little or no PvP experience, you can still have a good time and a good chance of winning. Try it once. You may be surprised. There's no prize pool or ranking system to stress over. It's all just for fun.

    How it works

    Participating in these new tournaments requires you to do two things: Join the GWSD Discord Server I created just for this, then sign up on the website (URL coming soon, still under construction). The website will show you all the upcoming events you can sign up for. Please join as many as you'd like - they're all free!

    When a tournament starts, you'll get a notification in Discord, and your team will be randomly assembled and given your own discord channel to help you meet your new friends, and strategize about how every other team is going to lose to your three copies of Frenzy. The website will then show you and your teammates the skills in your pool, and will let you set up your builds using a drag and drop UI. You can copy the template codes from the site and load up your build in-game, where you will then challenge your opponents to a skirmish for ultimate bragging rights.

    Also, I will be streaming some of these events, so make sure you grandstand and showboat like a true gamer.

    Why is this better than the awesome job you did like a decade ago?

    Good question, theoretical person. Aside from being fully automated (except for the in-game portion of it which I can't control), I have built the new system to support different skill pools. The first few tournaments will be pretty normal for a sealed deck event. But what if we had one which only allows assassin skills? Or all signets? Or just Prophecies content? Hmmm, how about giving each team just a bunch of Warrior skills plus Mending and Healing Hands?

    When is the website going live?

    There are a few features I'm still adding and cleaning up on the site. It's not quite ready today, but it's very close. Hopefully, I'll be able to to launch it within the next few weeks (June 2021 or early July). In the meantime, you can join the discord server to ask questions, give suggestions, and to meet everyone else who's ready to beat people with underused skills in a meta-free format.

    Cheers,

    Shard

    submitted by /u/ShardFenix
    [link] [comments]

    Is GW still active?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2021 05:47 AM PDT

    Any active guilds out there? I'm assuming everyone's doing pve content and maxing titles, right? Is pvp active in any way? Used to be in a top 100 gvg guild back in the day, it would be sweet to hop back on and at least run some hoh or even ab if gvg isn't a competitive thing anymore.

    submitted by /u/cryos1
    [link] [comments]

    Perspectives on the Guild Wars community.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2021 04:30 AM PDT

    I played GW for 13 years and no game has brought me as much joy. I'm studying community psychology, doing some research on sub-communities, and GW was the first to come to mind. I thought while typing it all out with Jeremy Soules awesome GW OST in the background, I'd ask what other people think of the in-game community. Just to get a feel for other player's experiences/perspectives. What do you think makes it so unique(if you think it is) and why do people come back or stay so long after it's release? Feel free to share anything you like, good, bad, interesting people, experiences, observations etc.. Completely anonymous and won't be published, it's just for insight.

    submitted by /u/Jung_Freud420
    [link] [comments]

    What happens with heroes when you disconnect?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 10:28 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I am trying to do the legendary survivor right now and want to figure out what the safest way (besides books/quests) is in case I would disconnect.

    As such, I am wondering if Kilroy or the Kurzick Quest is safer. I know that if I disconnect in Kilroy I could die but what about the Kurzick houses quest? Would my heroes still fight and kill the enemies if I disconnect or would they just disappear and the enemies would finish me off while I am waiting for my connection to come back?

    Thanks in advance for answers!

    submitted by /u/Astronymo
    [link] [comments]

    Strange question

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 05:42 AM PDT

    I bough the game with boxes the dude promised that the codes werent used. So i download the game use them and they are in fact used. The question is since i have the codes and the original receipt can i ask the support for the account in question?

    submitted by /u/Talaeador
    [link] [comments]

    Lost a lot of stuff Inc titles

    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 09:59 AM PDT

    Hey folks!

    EDIT: ALL THE TITLES I AM MISSING ARE IN MY HoM and my title holding character hasn't been deleted.

    Edit 2: I have just logged into the old HoM calculator and input my char name and all my titles and minis and all other stuff I collected is showing there but still not in my hero stats in game.

    I recently logged back onto Gw for the first time in about 12 years for some nostalgia. When I logged on the first thing I noticed was some of my characters were completely missing. Also on my main character a lot of my armour was missing. After researching a bit I realised I could have been hacked.... But then I saw that a lot of my titles had gone which I think can't be deleted and not only that but it appeared that I hadn't even completely the base campaign missions which I know for a fact I had since I had done all the game on HM. Anyone have any idea why it seems a lot of my progress has been rolled back or deleted entirely?

    submitted by /u/OjamaBenJammin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment