• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 27, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 My Attempt to Recreate a Guild Emblem with Higher Detail

    Guild Wars 2 My Attempt to Recreate a Guild Emblem with Higher Detail


    My Attempt to Recreate a Guild Emblem with Higher Detail

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 02:48 AM PDT

    8 years, 7 months, and 29 days later...

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 07:52 PM PDT

    Ticklish norn thief

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 09:26 PM PDT

    Addicted

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:21 AM PDT

    I bought GW2 at launch but I only recently got into the game at the end of 2020 and I have to say that I am crazy about this game! I'm having so much fun :)

    submitted by /u/Vaxxduth
    [link] [comments]

    Solo Twilight Arbor [Up] - Warrior [9:04]

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 01:52 AM PDT

    The Meeting

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 08:29 PM PDT

    Getting overwhelmed

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:05 AM PDT

    Hi there, few weeks ago I started playing game for the first time, I managed to get to 80, finish personal story, do the living world season 2 and yesterday I started HoT campaign and at that point it kinda became overwhelming so I have a question. Should I just focus on doing the story so I can catch up with everyone or maybe do the side activities like exploring the maps to, doing the old dungeons to get a 100% of my progress? What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Sercio55
    [link] [comments]

    My Inventory after SAB be like

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 12:05 AM PDT

    Your favorite GW2 'good habits'

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 06:41 AM PDT

    I recently leveled up my GW2 playing from beginner to... honestly, probably just beginner-intermediate, but one clear development was my adoption of certain 'good habits.' Like these super-obvious ones:

    • Harvest, log, and mine whatever's nearby, and do so with the highest-quality tools
    • Salvage everything, and use high-quality salvage kits on high-quality items
    • Participate in nearby events; static objectives can wait

    What are your favorite good habits? — stuff to just get into the habit of doing routinely, which pays off eventually?

    submitted by /u/HeilDirSonne
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular Opinion: DRMs aren't THAT bad.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 10:29 AM PDT

    It's the eve before the final Champions chapter and I think we are all looking forward to being on the other side of it - ahead of us is the expansion, and hopefully following that a return to form for what we can expect out of Living World episodes. Champions was undoubtedly a collection of half measures, and a low point as far as content and story delivery, but we'll all just have to wait and see if the expansion that IBS was sacrificed for will make up for it.

    All that said, I also read a lot of complaining about DRMs in general. I want to start by saying that I do get it. They are repetitive and the ultimate purpose of the grind, the weapon collections, are really only valuable for AP hoarders - I am one, so I'm trying to balance that in this post. But that also means I've played a lot of DRMs. Since scaling was added early this year, I've played 2-3 - mostly 3 - every single day, primarily solo. I did them all with 3 CMs until I finally realized that I could do them with only 2 CMs and still get gold, which made them that much faster.

    With the complaints of the community in mind, despite my massive amount of play, I still don't feel as strongly against them as many do, I and I've also noticed a lot of people have misunderstood some central components of them. So the purpose of this post is just to provide a little bit of counter argument. Again, I'm not claiming these are golden era content. DRMs are absolutely half-measure content, but I actually feel like they are fairly well done for half-measure content. So why do I think that? Here are some of the high points of DRMs:

    • Soloable with full rewards. This is actually a really unique aspect of DRMs that hasn't really been applied to much else in the game. I main Guardian and with very little effort can solo 2 CMs on every single DRM. It's actually really refreshing to have a repeatable piece of content like that which is engaging enough (you do need to be alert during boss fights with Final Boss) but that does not require grouping up, making an LFG or hoping the right LFG pops up. I think a lot of people don't realize just how easy these are to Solo - take any decent DPS build which which you are competent and you should be able to make it through. And, if not, just turn off CMs or don't choose Timer - you'll have lots of time and attempts to make it through that way.
    • Enemies drop loot. I'm glad the ArenaNet of 2021 isn't withholding loot in these story-like instances. You end up killing a lot of mobs here, and even though Claws have totally crashed in price, they still are worth something and you get a pretty nice chunk of T6 claws, and relatively common Lodestone drops in DRMs. Icebrood missions have a variety of T6 you can get - Fangs, Totems, and Bones being the most common. You can still get rare gear, straight gold drops, and stuff like Ornate Keys, and doing them daily, I haven't noticed any real diminishing returns on my character.
    • You get a lot of defense seals. Defense seals aren't as worthless a currency as people believe - I'm still waiting to cash mine in until we see what is potentially added to vendors in Episode 4, but if there's nothing else to use them for, every supply box starting with Dwarves offers the chance to get a Volcanic Stormcaller Weapon Box - which is in Rare, not Super Rare category - as well as Amalgameted Draconic Lodestones or Amalgamated Gemstones. I'm sitting on just shy of 6000 seals which will buy me nearly 300 Dwarven Supply Boxes, which may be my course of action. Even if you don't get any rare drops, you can still average out some decent gold value from the box drops, especially if you are lucky hitting T6, Lodestones, etc.
    • The Gold Rank chest has decent reward. Actually, the reward is not that different than many large scale metas, and it's done on your own timer. But you want to be doing 2 CMs for gold rank, because that gives you 3x the UnID'd loot, 3x the crafting ingots, 3x the upgrade components (orbs, crests, etc), more than 3x the Defense Seals, and you want to keep the boons on to get the most Prismaticite. One of my biggest complaints, the need to keep one character basically "DRM only" because the boons don't last long enough to do much in-between, will be answered to some degree with the final mastery that extends the boon duration, making it that much less of a burden to get the max rewards.
    • They are actually pretty fast. Running the 3 dailies solo takes about 45 minutes in total. Metrica and Bloodtide are the only pre-events that take just about the full 5 minutes to get all 3 done solo, the rest take 2.5-4 minutes each. Many DRMs can be sped up with swiftness or superspeed, and mobs die instantly with a DPS build and no Powerful Foes boon. There are still a few DRMs that I choose Powerful Foes on over Final Boss - but I find you make up a lot of time on those by how quickly the boss dies instead. Or, it's just naturally fast, like Snowden. There are no DRMs that you can't finish within the Timer limit solo, and some of them you should have up to 10 minutes left on the clock still.
    • The Allies do provide some mixup to play. The ally system is not perfectly balanced. Some of them absolutely suck, like Asura and Big Corpses Norn. But you also get some really powerful ones like Exalted, Kodan, Charr, and Dwarves. If I were in charge, I'd find a better balance by bringing up the power of the weak ones - but still, there's something there. It's nice to get a daily run where you get Charr and get to blast away with Charzooka 2. That little bit of variety does help!

    With all this said, again, I don't think they are perfect content, but I do think they get a worse rap than they deserve. They are not the most efficient gold farm. But that's an unfair and unrealistic standard to apply to all content. What ArenaNet made is still reasonably rewarding for time investment, with a low chance at being highly rewarding, relatively quick to play, can be done without a group and at your own pace and time, and has some bit of variety added to it. The story bits are relatively non-intrusive, unlike Dungeons, generally taking place while you are moving and mostly not stopping the action. I'm not saying you have to like them at all, but perhaps a few people here missed a few of the more positive aspects! And I do think there's something here that ArenaNet can build upon in the future for rewarding, repeatable solo content if they want to.

    I've done my best here to provide the most even-handed take I could, so I hope that comes across. Now, with the release of Chapter 4 tomorrow, let's all bid farewell to the "excitement" of new DRMs being added, and patiently await our return to full-featured content releases going forward. :) Also, if you haven't done DRMs solo or have had a tough time, feel free to ask any questions you have and I can try to provide some help from my experience!

    submitted by /u/Day2Dan
    [link] [comments]

    Match-up vs. Maguuma (just the weekend)

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 01:45 AM PDT

    Which GuildWars 2 Logo Dragon represents which Elder Dragon, and which visual singularities can be identified?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:27 AM PDT

    Best build for PvE

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 06:03 AM PDT

    This week I tried for the first time to use a Condi Build. I always used Power build, but this time I wanted something new. So, I grab my favorite class (Renegade) and changed everything.

    I'm enjoying this sou much, for me, the best build I ever used. It's very powerfull, have sustain and with Battle Scars, it can deal with anything.

    This build also have some Power, so I'm considering that it's a Power Condi Build! 😂

    I consider that this build has a great DPS, and have a high burst against the enimes. I can melt stuff pretty quick!

    Of course, my focus it's de PvE content, and for that, this build it's pretty much outstanding. I'm really enjoying play with Revenant.

    This is the build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmxAUlfltQIsNKipRSsMCiNSgMDSgJ91/TD-zRJYmR9/Z0hqKEpqcHA-e

    What are you thoughts about this build?

    submitted by /u/Sanescafen
    [link] [comments]

    How am I supposed to get black lion chests?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:36 AM PDT

    I'm aware of the level 10 farming of black lion chest keys but how do I get a black lion chest?

    submitted by /u/PapaPaco_
    [link] [comments]

    Questions for returning Engi.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 06:39 AM PDT

    Coming back to the game after a long break. I played from launch up till the beginning of PoF. What is the state of the class currently? Is it still a heavy focus on DPS gameplay with grenades or holo based DPS? Any major changes or new things I should be aware of?

    submitted by /u/barrettjdea
    [link] [comments]

    Best healer for most content?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 06:22 AM PDT

    A few days ago, I asked if healers had a place in end game content. I got a yes from most, which is awesome and very exciting!

    However, I've been looking over the healer options, and I'm having trouble choosing which to level first. I was really excited to level a druid (and I'm loving ranger so far!) but I've read they're either suboptimal to straight unviable in fractals, depending on the answer.

    I don't mind making alt characters, I'm just looking for some insight into what I should level first to get the most well rounded view of the endgame. I'm playing with a pretty chill group, so as long as I'm not actively holding them back with my choice anything would fly.

    I'd love any input on which I should choose first! I probably won't be doing the highest level, hardest content right out the gate, so assume I'm just the average player pugging/playing with other average players. Which healer would you recommend to make me a decently welcome pick into most content?

    submitted by /u/LoisCarmenDenominatr
    [link] [comments]

    Updated guide for leveling cooking 400 -> 500

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 04:54 PM PDT

    https://gw2crafts.net/cooking_450.html says 400 -> 450 only costs 2 gold and then do achievement. Is this up to date and the best way to do it?

    submitted by /u/macrotransactions
    [link] [comments]

    Happy Day of the Tengu! More Tengu info today ?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 10:43 PM PDT

    Happy Day of the Tengu! More Tengu info today ?

    Today is the Day of the Tengu. The first time this holiday was celebrated was on 27 April 2006. Do you think they'll add more details about the race after todays patch is live? It's the end of The Icebrood Saga and we can expect some spicy stuff.

    https://preview.redd.it/cjz27q93mnv61.jpg?width=1919&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=18b642275b1e3ccfbfaf1996b0fa498e990c561d

    submitted by /u/TerterBG
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment