• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 28, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 "The Hub of Time" - concept art from cancelled GW1 DLC "Utopia". Would love to see that location reused in GW2

    Guild Wars 2 "The Hub of Time" - concept art from cancelled GW1 DLC "Utopia". Would love to see that location reused in GW2


    "The Hub of Time" - concept art from cancelled GW1 DLC "Utopia". Would love to see that location reused in GW2

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 05:07 AM PDT

    A commision that was drawn for me, feel the Maguuma vibes

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 05:03 AM PDT

    PSA: When this post is 12 hours old, character slots will go on sale

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 10:20 PM PDT

    I can't even hide in tower

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 01:04 PM PDT

    Scout Acan

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 12:46 AM PDT

    Scout Acan

    Most under appreciated npc I've ran into while exploring, I stopped to listen to his songs, (about 5 unique ones) not only are his fingers moving to the beat of the song but he also moves for different chords on his lute. Underappreciated gem in this game :)

    What have you seen/ran into in this huge game world that made you stop exploring to snap a pic?

    Scout Acan

    submitted by /u/DancingBudgie
    [link] [comments]

    I did it!

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 04:58 PM PDT

    I am a casual/semi-casual player since day 1 and I finally made my first legendary! Chuka and Champawat was a fun story, long haul grind, and I'm so proud it's mine. Don't cry because it happened, smile because it's over (or something like that). Much love GW2 community for all your help over the past forever for helping me with the collections xxx

    submitted by /u/notabigfanhonestly
    [link] [comments]

    Dont fear the smokeys, cuddle with them! Laverna knows best

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 02:23 PM PDT

    A note for newer players: Even on sale, the level 80 ticket is not worth your money

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 11:02 AM PDT

    Unless you really *really* can't be bothered to put any effort into getting a level 80, you can get a level 80 character for effectively half the cost using crafting. Each crafting profession leveled to 400, while under the effects of an exp booster, gets you 11 levels on a character. Since it takes about 1-2 minutes after leaving the tutorial to get to level 3, we can just use 7 skills to get 77 levels and hit level 80. (This, of course, assumes no experience scrolls or tomes of knowledge whatsoever.)
    Using the fast guides on GW2crafts.net would take ~3-4 hours after all the materials are purchased. Excluding the potential return, the total cost of using the fast guide for the 7 cheapest crafting professions would cost 142.5 gold. Adding in the 200 gem cost of 2 2 hour exp boosters, 1300 gems converts to roughly 313 gold at the time of writing this, which would be the cost of the ticket minus two exp boosters. By contrast, if you were to simply convert gems to gold for the raw crafting cost, it'd cost 638 gems, under half the cost.
    So in short, you could save $10 by getting 800 gems, or save hundreds of gold entirely if you're doing gold->gems, by just using crafting to get to level 80 if you don't mind doing a bit of extra work.

    submitted by /u/Candra_Moon
    [link] [comments]

    Prismaticite Farm

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 07:37 AM PDT

    I'll attempt to edit your screenshots!

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 06:35 PM PDT

    Simply comment a screenshot of your character and wait!

    This is not a giveaway or for advertising. I'll do as many as I can in order of first come first serve. No strings attached.


    Some tips if you decide to take a screenshot for this:

    • The closer the camera is to your character the better!
    • Make sure antialiasing is turned on in your settings! Turning up all your settings just for the screenshot is recommended!

    • Avoid putting your character up against a wall! A nice background makes for prettier edits!

    • You can also request for your character name / guild name or anything else you'd like!

    Edit: Bed time for me now, I will do more when I wake up so feel free to continue submitting! ❤️

    submitted by /u/AstralIndex
    [link] [comments]

    How I pick up a new DPS class for raiding

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 01:11 PM PDT

    Help with Catmander Tag JP?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 01:21 AM PDT

    I have a commander tag and have thus far been unsuccessful at upgrading it. I thought I'd try the jp in Armistice Bastion but after spending 150 gems for the temporary pass and quite a few frustrating hours with several carpal tunnel flare ups...well, here I am.

    Is there anyone out there who can help me with this? I just want to kitty-fy my tag. :(

    submitted by /u/anongamergirl12
    [link] [comments]

    What excites me most about End of Dragons

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 08:35 AM PDT

    (English 3rd language, sorry in case of any grammatical error)

    What I'm most excited about in the upcoming End of Dragons expansion is not the story, it's not the elite specializations... what I'm most looking forward to is what will come after the expansion ends.

    I love the Guild Wars universe, I love its lore, world, stories and secrets, and I can't wait to see where we go next. Don't get me wrong, the Elder Dragon era that has occupied GW2 so far has been great, but I can't wait to see more of this world.

    The tower of the wizard Isgarren, many of the secrets still unexplored like the pale tree of Malyck, the bloodstones, E, Utopia, Aetherblades, Doern Velazquez´s land, the Largos, humans home world....

    I imagine a future with interconnected stories, but that can perfectly be played separately and understood without problems even if you are a new player. A Saga with a couple of chapters that then ends up in an expansion. In which yes, if you have played all the previous living world seasons you will be able to recognise some events and characters, but that allow anyone to play the new content without feeling lost.

    Expansions that work as separate stories, perfectly understandable and enjoyable if you get into the game with them.

    Path of Fire, an expansion heavily rooted in story content and the dragon plot, has a beautiful story, but one that players who had just entered the game would have little understanding of. This problem has been with GW2 since the first season of the living world, which is no longer accessible (visions of the past don't count).

    If in order to understand and know what is really going on in the expansion I have to play game content that may be 5-6-7 years old, it may be very rewarding for old dogs like me, but a huge barrier to entry for potential newcomers.

    For me, the best story moment in GW2 was what happened in the story of the various Raid wings against the White Mantle. Those are the kind of stories I want to see. If you've played GW1 then learning the fate of Saul D'Alesio was magical and incredible, but even if you hadn't played it and barely knew the Mantle (in GW2 he barely got a couple of mentions and an anecdotal appearance in the human personal story if you chose to be an orphan) it was tremendously enjoyable content that subsequently linked with the living history.

    That's why I'm looking forward to new stories from the world of Guild Wars, to what will come after End of Dragons. New places we haven't seen in GW1. I can't wait to explore Cantha, but it's a place I already know.

    What is beyond Maguma?, what happened to the original world of humans? I want to know new places and details of the world, gods, titans, war betwen races, new threats... the hype is real.

    submitted by /u/Ymanoru
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth paying for the Lily of the Elon Permanent Pass?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 11:47 PM PDT

    I made a little video about my favourite cozy spots around Tyria!

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 10:04 AM PDT

    Best Support Class for two tryhards?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 03:30 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I was wondering, in your estimation: What is the best support build for a small group, possibly only two people most of the time.

    I know GW2 is a game where no support is needed pre 80, but theoretically: If a warrior wanted to solo as much as possible (Dungeons and Fractals) even if he was told by the community that it's not the most productive thing to do what would be the best class/build to make sure he survives?

    First I thought about Ranger, since it can always provide a pet as a tank so the warrior can always focus on dealing damage/has an easier time tanking, since there would be two tanks. But a druid is not necessarily the best support for Fractals and Dungeons.

    Then I thought about guardian who can block attacks with aegis, heal quite a bit and also buff. I also heard that guardians have the best healing without healing power and because of aegis a guardian would be helpful even in full DPS-Gear.

    Then I thought about a necro who can solo a lot of stuff and make his minions tank and also heal a tiny bit and use barriers.

    Then I thought about elementalist who can summon multiple earth-elementals to tank while also healing them and their group members which is how I was able to kill multiple monsters that I was not able to kill with my Ranger who was roughly the same level at the time.

    Then I thought about Mesmer who can (as far as I hear) tank as well as buff (at the same time?).

    I leveled only ranger, elementalist and guardian to a reasonable level. I also only have support-experience with my elementalist so I would be very thankful for your input. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/DawnSongbird
    [link] [comments]

    Wife is playing - Duo suggestions?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 08:28 PM PDT

    Most of my searches are yielding fairly old threads. So I'm hoping for some updated info on the topic of a synergistic Duo.

    Heres our criteria we hope you experienced players can use to navigate the question: 1) She is currently playing an Elementalist but is open to other class suggestions 2) We do NOT like to PvP 3) We do plan to mostly Open World PvE and would like to maximize the duo potential of handling as much content in that mode as possible (Bounties, Champs, etc) 3) We are not yet to specializations, so core suggests with an eye to the future would be appreciated. We have never reached elite specs yet, but we understand them.

    We know "play what you like" is the staple phrase, but what we would "like" is outlined above. Like many of you, free time to play together is limited and we would like some help from experienced players to give us some advanced insight before we dig in.

    Thanks folks!

    submitted by /u/Caibek
    [link] [comments]

    What's the knife trail gang?

    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 04:13 AM PDT

    Beginner coming from years of playing wow class advice?

    Posted: 27 Mar 2021 05:37 PM PDT

    I am sure this gets asked on a daily basis. But I am coming from world of warcraft. Got tired of the same old game for years. I downloaded gw a long time ago but never really played it very much. So far I have dabbled with necromancer, warrior, and mesmer. The class I really had fun with was mesmer. Very Interesting and I like how you can use 2h and dual wield with the class.

    So far researching the mesmer class I have found alot of ppl say they are a very hard class to master. And even more so harder to play. Though I found them the most fun out of the 3 classes I found appealing. My favorite classes in wow were a shaman and druid I say this because I want to be sure I'm playing a class that will suit my playstyle and be of equal skill set of being a new player. I'm trying to avoid picking a class that will frustrate me and feel like I wasted my time investing in. When I could pick a class that I can master easily and enjoy at the same time.

    So far I'm only interested in world content. Won't do any end game stuff until I get the hang of the game more. I'm not very confident and saying this technically is my first time really playing gw. I would rather play it safe then get into a group and ruin the dungeon/raid because I haven't learned my clas enough.

    My question is, which class would be recommended for a beginner of guild wars 2?

    submitted by /u/Lefthandovg0d
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment