• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 16, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - January 16, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - January 16, 2021


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - January 16, 2021

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 05:00 AM PST

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    When you go out of bounds in Rata Sum

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 01:38 AM PST

    Careful guys. They are fragile.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 07:24 AM PST

    Gotta get those numbers up!

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 11:01 AM PST

    Marjorie in the Ascalonian settlement DRM. Finally decided to color this sketch I had lying for weeks! ��

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 06:02 AM PST

    How to do an emote that is not originally in the game? Saw this after a TD meta.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 07:24 PM PST

    Does GW2 fail at providing new players with a decent starting experience?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 05:59 AM PST

    For the sake of context, I've been playing this game on-and-off since 2015 and have pretty much sank over 6,000 hours. I had an absolute blast when I first started playing. It was this unique MMO with such a rich-filled world and I honestly couldn't get sick of it. I didn't hesitate in buying HoT... and then went through 100% map completion, the story, Season 2 and then finally Heart of Thorns.

    However, as someone who has heard feedback from friends (RL and online), newbies, players from different MMOs and/or Forums, and even from blog reviewers and streamers... I kind of noticed that this game isn't particularly good when it comes to first-impressions. It doesn't seem to motivate people to actually stick around even though there are hundreds upon hundreds of hours worth of content to explore.

    The old-fashioned away of grabbing a Level 1 character and going through the story and map completion in order to get to Level 80 doesn't seem to be as appealing as it was years ago. A lot of new players find themselves getting bored halfway through. There's also the fact that dungeons have been abandoned, and that hasn't helped either since a regular MMO player will assume these are crucial to be part of... only to then realize nobody really does them or that it's only veterans looking for quick runs.

    There's also the fact that most new players will want mounts and some sort of visual progression (that is present in most MMOs) which doesn't really happen. Gear looks fairly the same (with really bad dye choices on top of it) throughout most of the game, and mounts are only available in the latest expansion (despite the fact that the vanilla game was built without them).

    The Level Boost is another issue. I'm strongly against newcomers starting off with this boost, because they will be thrown at end-game content with shitty gear and zero basics about how this game and world work. They will be confused, frustrated... and will undoubtedly stop bothering soon enough. I have seen plenty of this happen time and time again, even during live streams.

    I can't properly recommend this game to people because of stuff like this. And I've had friends quit because they were unable to stick around long enough to see the game shine. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to approach GW2? What could ArenaNet do to mitigate these problems?

    submitted by /u/Maulclaw
    [link] [comments]

    Storytime: I accidentally destroyed my precursor...

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 08:58 AM PST

    Hello everyone,

    Short story that I wanted to share:

    So after a long time I finally was ready to craft the legendary greatsword Sunrise. And instead of just putting all the items in the mystic forge, I salvaged the precursor (Dawn) thinking that was the correct way to do it (this is not a joke, reasoning is in the video).

    I was recording this crafting journey as I wanted to make a small video just for my friends. But as this mistake was so stupid I felt like sharing it with you guys as well, enjoy!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-vebmF-rVI

    In the end the Guild Wars 2 support team came to the rescue and undid my mistake. (thank you so much!)

    submitted by /u/Kapistijn
    [link] [comments]

    Who’s that one character you think anet did dirty (Example: was killed off/never re introduced) give a reason why.

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 02:18 PM PST

    Triple Trouble

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 05:18 AM PST

    There s any guild that runs this world boss? Its been a while since I cleared it and it almost always empty...

    submitted by /u/BlackHeavennn
    [link] [comments]

    Someone should really look at guild weapons, minis and armors price....

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 01:45 AM PST

    In time long past, when we get HoT expansion and our dear guild halls, someone in Anet though its would be good idea to put every single thing behind easy to obtain (yes that sarcasm) crystaline ore.

    Each armor item cost 40 ore + 10 guild commendations Miniatures is going from 50 to 150 ore + 25-75 commendation (additional gold price is meanigless with these numbers) Each weapons is 40 ore + 10 commedation (+additional cost of crafting items which cost commendations too)

    So we have bunch of item behind

    a) doing 2 hours meta (even if it get much faster with powercreep). From https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystalline_Ore/Drop_rate you get 1,38 ore per opened pod ... so its around one meta per weapons if you are lucky.

    b) guild commedations - "A maximum of 12-15 Guild Commendations can be earned per week by completing all missions. " so its one to several weeks depend on item you want -if you dont use them at daily trader for t6/lodestone/wvw boxes of course

    The price of these things are so funny that I never ever saw anyone using those weapons, armors or minis. Anyone who got even one - gj...anyone who actually get them all - big kudos to you.

    Mayby, just mayby, its time to look on this and change their price so we can buy them for something we acutally can somehow reasonable obtain from all over the game - not only from one map in one expansion. Guild commendation are harder to change, but its still funny that doing them weekly from time they show up I am now at 248 commendations ... so I cant even buy everything after 4,5 years.

    edit. my main issiue isnt really with crystaline ore being hard to get - I have no issue with grinding. What I find bad is that everything in guild hall is for currency from one map. And while this is a way, how to keep map alive ... not sure if its good way to go.

    edit 2 - did DS meta - got 102 ore in hour and half (or less) of meta (waiting+events+farming) -so its better then I remember

    submitted by /u/Servel85
    [link] [comments]

    Frequent crashing

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 03:03 AM PST

    Title.
    I don't have much helpful information to share other than that;
    I didn't start having this problem until recently.
    It seems to happen every 30min - 1hr roughly.
    I'm not experiencing any kind of lag prior, it just gives me an error message and boots me to desktop.

    I tried repairing the client, deleting my cache and Local.dat, checking the forums for other solutions, resetting my router... Not seeing any improvements and I really have no idea the cause or what else to do.

    submitted by /u/CoconutRacecar
    [link] [comments]

    Having a clear out and found this little pre-deadeye elite spec idea.

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 07:24 AM PST

    im noob, i need weapons

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 04:33 AM PST

    hi guys, ill make it simple, im lvl 64 ranger and this game is not giving me any longbows since lvl 40, what can i do to get a good one, i know there are classic weapon seller, but theyre crap, what should i do?

    EDIT: I AM FREETOPLAY

    submitted by /u/SnooKiwis5052
    [link] [comments]

    DH looking for some guidance

    Posted: 16 Jan 2021 01:46 AM PST

    Hey, I've been playing for 2months now and I am still deciding on a few things that I'm sure some OG players can answer. (PVE, PVP, WVW)

    Gear stats, runes, sigils and weapons.

    Also, any thoughts on assassin gear stats with rune of fireworks with berserker trinkets?

    Looking forward to your answers!

    submitted by /u/Legendary_Tehkummah
    [link] [comments]

    Shadow Behemoth Achievement Question

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 09:53 PM PST

    So the Shadow Behemoth Achievement to destroy all spawned portals in 20 seconds. I have 2 questions for.

    1 - Do you have to do it each time he spawns the portals?
    2 - Why does no one ever destroy the damn portals. Even when asked to focus them for achievement in chat no one bothers with them.....why? just do them real quick to help others.

    submitted by /u/Nericu9
    [link] [comments]

    Good all round ele build?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 03:02 PM PST

    So I have been playing this game for a while and enjoy everything this game has to offer, but I don't currently have the resources to invest in multiple builds so my question is, is there a build for ele tempest/weaver that is pretty good in all aspects of the game? like open world roaming, WvW, PvP, questing, and dungeons. I'm not asking for the meta build as its kind of impossible to make one build to rule them all sort of thing, especially for ele. My reasoning is that I want to stick with one skillset that I use so that I don't confuse myself by playing completely different playstyles each time I change game modes, so yeah, any ideas? I appreciate any input regardless of how small it is, thank you!

    submitted by /u/Lalaboompoo
    [link] [comments]

    Help with inventory cleanup

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 10:07 PM PST

    Hi all

    I've been falling behind a bit in recent years with the game. I log in to ensure I get the living world episodes but i often dont play them until 2 or 3 releases later, and when I do i scratch the surface of the content to complete the story then stop.

    As a result, I've been filling my inventory with so much junk and I am at a loss as to what to keep and what to discard.

    I would be really grateful for any advice on the best way to use up or monetise some of this stuff, what to keep, what to just dispose of, etc.

    See the imgur album here: https://imgur.com/a/uiCH01F

    Let me know if you need me to clarifty any of the items.

    submitted by /u/Majigor
    [link] [comments]

    In Guildwars2 lore and timeline, what has become of the Underworld?

    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 01:38 PM PST

    the Underworld was a thing in the Guildwars game lore, which takes place over 200 years ago according to Guildwars2. So what has become of it in the lore?

    submitted by /u/Knighthonor
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment