• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 15, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - August 15, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - August 15, 2020


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - August 15, 2020

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My Personal Guild Hall

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 04:50 AM PDT

    TIL You can launch your self straight up out of the water with Mesmer trident nr 3 skill

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    Human warrior with Eternity - Twilight (miniature)

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 10:25 PM PDT

    Didn't play since early 2013, found this unread mail from a friend I used to play with a lot back then. Dem feels.

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    I still keeping the mail that sent to me when our guild leader leaves.

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 12:43 AM PDT

    This might be the best screenshot I've ever taken

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    When You Finish Opening Zephyr Boxes - Guild Wars 2

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 05:11 AM PDT

    The cursed shores of Orr, my latest artwork :D

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Finally, my best screenshot. Living the dragon dream.

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 04:39 PM PDT

    Please stop !

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    D/D Elementalist Roaming “Welcome Back”

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 05:28 AM PDT

    [MCA] My Chaotic Asylum | Conjured Amalgamate 1:33

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 04:21 PM PDT

    Hello folks,

    We are happy to present you our most recent Speedkill.

    Log - https://dps.report/F56l-20200814-213620_ca

    speedrun.com - https://www.speedrun.com/gw2/run/z052qk8m

    Strategy:

    • We used an offensive Might Tempest instead of a Druid to increase the dps output from the Might supporter. Therefore, we needed to take a Soulbeast in order to still have a Frost Spirit. Unfortunately, One Wolf Pack doesn't work on CA. The Slb can also use the conjures of the Tempest in the burn phases during Sic'em, which is a significant dps increase for the Soulbeast.
    • As Quicknessproviders we used two STM Chronos with nearly full pChrono gear.
    • To further increase the group dps we played EA on the BS and PI on two DHs.
    • Two DHs played with Elite Trap to ensure perma slow on the boss and hands, while the other two played the elite signet to instantly heal the group after the clap at 25% and help with Scholar uptime. This way we could use fewer shields for the clap and had shields for last burn.
    • The Alac Renegade played with Jalis because Shiro doesn't hit CA and Jalis can provide some taunt for the Chronos for the first and second hand as well as the first burn phase.
    • During our progress, we tried different dps classes like Holo and Weaver but ended up using DH since we couldn't get the others to work with the timings. DH also has access to blocks, group heal and a heal skill which is good for swapping foods and Scholar uptime.
    • We kind of changed the way we used the swords in comparison to the previous record: We used only 3 swords on the second arm, which leads to an earlier start of the first burn because we needed to collect fewer swords.
    • On the third arm, we used the shields from the first burn phase for blocking the knockdown and damage from the arm to save the blocks from the DHs for the last two arms.
    • We used all Swords we got from the last burn to burst the 4th arm down as fast as possible. For the last arm we pulled the swords from the 4th arm and used them on the last arm and boss.

    POVs:

    Thanks a lot to Dr Ritu I.4073 for joining on all previous days and to goodlive.6257 and Jenny.3791 for joining on other days and opening instances and last but not least RedDiamond.5746 for helping out too!

    We hope you enjoy the kill, see ya ingame!

    We are also looking for members if u are interested check the link below:

    https://de-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/7530/my-chaotic-asylum-mca-sucht-erfahrenen-dps-spieler [GER]

    submitted by /u/felko_97
    [link] [comments]

    The other post on here reminded me of this letter I got that I’ve saved since then... I tried to send a letter back but they never responded :C

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    Soulbeast gear

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 07:55 AM PDT

    Which gear is the best to buy from TP for a soulbeast? Armor, weapons, runes

    submitted by /u/illegitimate22
    [link] [comments]

    Current state of condi scourge / build advice

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    Good afternoon friends, hope everyone is having a great weekend!

    I've always played soul beast, but when the festival started I wanted to play something different. I tried out scourge , and it's really fun! How ever I did notice there's rarely ever a scourge in the squad group.

    I understand the dps isn't that great, and there are a lot of other classes that are more beneficial to parties.

    My question is does anyone here play a scourge and have a build they would recommend ? Is this elite spec completely dead ?

    Any tips / advice / help is appreciated! I have full vipers ascended btw. Just can't decide on runes and I'm trying to see if dagger is viable.

    Thanks folks :)

    submitted by /u/laidbackg
    [link] [comments]

    I bought the game, should I now buy 18 slot bags?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    18 slots seem to be the thing I can buy on the market. They are aroud 2 something gold. Is this a good idea to try to get 5 of these? Or are they too costly or something, i have no idea about how this works

    submitted by /u/DogeAndGabbana
    [link] [comments]

    Let's say a financier was going to fully fund the development of 1 brand new Guildwars2 feature, what would you all want that feature to be exactly?

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    Let's say a financier was going to fully fund the development of 1 brand new Guildwars2 feature, what would you all want that feature to be exactly?

    Can you name 3 brand new features you would want in GW2 from most wanted to least best

    submitted by /u/Knighthonor
    [link] [comments]

    Showcase - Empowered Boneskinner Weapons (All Classes/Animations)

    Posted: 14 Aug 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    Hello Reddit,

    i made a video showcasing all the Empowered Boneskinner Weapons on every class with every skill. They share the same model and trail with the T1 weapons but add a draw/stow effect and as far as i know they are the first non-legendary weapons to add a unique projectile effect.

    Timestamps are in the pinned comment.

    https://youtu.be/6YlMdzE-pm8

    submitted by /u/UNIT_Darkz
    [link] [comments]

    Good Support Classes For F2P?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 05:53 AM PDT

    I already have a Guardian and I tried a chaos Mesmer but I didnt really like that. Is Elementalist any good? Any others good? I've mostly just seen people talking about DLC and paid classes.

    submitted by /u/Autisonm
    [link] [comments]

    super low fps since today (less than 50% of usual) and high GPU usage

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 05:47 AM PDT

    for some reason my fps is less than half of what it used to be since today. other games and benchmarks still run fine and with same fps as usual. GW2 has now almost permanent a 100% GPU utilization, which is very rare for this game. it was usually at 70% no matter where.

    CPU: 6700K
    GPU: GTX1080
    RAM: 32GB @3100MHz
    screen: 1440p@144Hz
    win10 1909

    I had a small windows update yesterday, dunno what it was. I OC'd my GPU a bit a few days ago, but it was fine till today. the only real change from yesterday to today was that I closed my side panels of my PC.

    I tried resetting everything GW2 related. Downloaded exe fresh, downloaded gw2.dat, deleted appdata gw2 folder and the rest in the installation folder. still the same.
    I tried disabling as many other programs and background tasks, without a change in fps.

    what I noticed is that my new phoenix wings backpack causes a drop of 3 fps if equipped/shown. (22 vs 19fps). standing near the bank in DR it gets as low as 14 fps. I have usually over double of that. LA: 22fps, usually over 40

    submitted by /u/Tiavor
    [link] [comments]

    First Legendary armour set - which weight class?

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 04:15 AM PDT

    Hi all, I've gathered enough LI and almost there with the provisioner tokens to begin crafting my first leggy set, but I cannot decide on which armour class to choose.
    I'm a regular raider, main Druid but play everything except Engineer. I'm also running in-guild training sessions and am often finding myself tanking on Chrono or at least Boon support, I've recently finished gearing a qFB for the alternative to qChrono.

    What would you recommend as for my first set? my thoughts below

    Heavy (most viable for fractals too):

    • Ren as Alac, cRen, Heal.
    • Guardian with qFB, cFB, hFB, dgh.
    • Warrior with c/pbs

    Medium:

    • Ranger with Druid, HK, p/cSB.
    • Thief with either elite dps, Boon Thief

    Light:

    • Mesmer with Chrono DPS, Tank (most useful for swapping toughness/runes etc?), Mirage.
    • Necro (only ever playing c/hscg in raids).
    • Ele as Weaver c/pDPS, Tempest for old school heals? and variant dps... currently my Ele is my bank character/chef/tailor.
    submitted by /u/hyrobb
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment