• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 5, 2020

    Guild Wars Kaineng City looks wonderful this time of year

    Guild Wars Kaineng City looks wonderful this time of year


    Kaineng City looks wonderful this time of year

    Posted: 05 May 2020 12:42 AM PDT

    A personal note about this game from a pretty new player

    Posted: 05 May 2020 04:27 AM PDT

    After a few years of Gw2, during which I was occasionally hearing tales about the first game, I decided to dive deep in it and discover what the big deal was about.

    Let me just start by saying that the level of immersive bliss this game is giving me is unlike any other. Aside from the surely redundant praises to the incredible soundtrack, there's so much more to lode.
    - the writing is good. in fact, it's so good I haven't skipped a single line of text since Pre-searing Ascalon. The work behind the character personalities, the dialogs, the story telling, the campaign plots, are simply on another level. At every step of the way I feel eager to discover the next chapter of this story.
    - the style of every campaign seems beautifully distinct from the others and each bears its own uniqueness. I am only 1 third into Prophecies but have just travelled to Kaineng and Kamadan and was in awe throughout the whole discovery.
    - the skills system. Now this is a real gem in this masterpiece. Just in awe of hundreds and hundreds of possible skills to try and experiment with the dual class system. Even though Gw2 can have more skills in the skillbar, it doesn't even come close to what you can do with the complete freedom of filling up 8 slots as your heart desires. Simply amazing.
    - The lore is just amazing. You can tell this game received a lot of love from its creators. Not only I enjoy following the storyline, but I also find myself spending time reading wiki articles about the gods and creatures of its lands. Very engrossing read and great storytelling.
    - the game is hard. Yes, and I love it. Each comquered mission feels like a significant achievement, unlike many games today that put more importance on keeping you grinding in the long run instead of surmounting skill barriers to advance further.

    That's it. Just felt like expressing my appreciation and excitement of discovering this little gem. i sincerely hope this community keeps this awesome game alive for years to come

    submitted by /u/primordialBeanie
    [link] [comments]

    Inventory clearance - Big give away - first come first served

    Posted: 05 May 2020 02:00 AM PDT

    As much as I have enjoyed coming back to the game, the period of my life where I could play a lot and chase titles has come and gone.

    As such I have decided to give back to the community and hopefully help new or returning players.

    The rules are as follows:

    -You can ask up to 5 items (all add you to friends so you can't just hop on an alt. If you have more than one account I just ask you to be honest). One of the items can be 20 plat (can't be asked more than once). Items that come in stacks = 1 item. The same item can't be asked for twice.

    -When asking for an item use the character names/Xunlai chest and grid to ask for the item. For instance Wanna Go To heaven A6. Or Xunlai tab 3 D4. Or Xunlai materials C11.

    -Make your request (up to 5 items) and post a comment +IGN so I can contact you. You can add a time when you play as that can help coordinate things. I'm in GMT+2 timezone.

    All the weapons are greens or golds, I didn't mouse over each individually as that would take me way too much time. Think of it as blind gifts that can surprise you.

    I ask people to give new/returning players in need a chance for the things that look more valuable/useful.

    If you have any questions about the process feel free to ask. I'm not going to give details about individual items as, again, it would take too much time.

    https://imgur.com/pvhg8bh

    Gone as of 13.30:

    WTf hit you --- C3, D6, E1

    Akhrylics Assassin --- D1, D2

    Akhrylic Dervish --- A1, A2, A3, A6, B2, B3, C2, C3, C4, C8, E2

    Akhrylic Mesmer --- A4, B4, C8

    I pimp my spirits ---

    Ldoa Wanna be --- E6, D4

    Wanna go to heaven --- B3, E6, E4, E9

    Xunlai 1 --- C1, C5, A5

    Xunlai 2 --- A1, B1, D4, E2

    Xunlai 3 --- A1, B1 B4, C1, D4, E3

    Xunlai 4 --- A5, B3, C4, C5

    Xunlai Anniversary --- A1, A4

    Xunlai Materials --- A6, C3 , A8, B8, C9

    Plat: 120k

    submitted by /u/ClickingClicker
    [link] [comments]

    Found a strange tiger.

    Posted: 05 May 2020 12:55 AM PDT

    Good update

    Posted: 04 May 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    TIL campaign speedrunning is a thing. This guy beat factions in less than 2 hours!

    Posted: 04 May 2020 11:32 AM PDT

    'Member when this had views in the millions?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    [Questions] Returning player needs some help

    Posted: 05 May 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I recently got back into GW1. I'm really enjoying it and want to continue playing. I do have some specific questions though and couldn't find the answer through search.

    1. What do I do with the XP scrolls that drop. Are they useful for anything beyond survivor title or do I just sell them to the scroll vendor?
    2. With the mat prices down nowadays, at what gold value do I still salvage items and when do I just flat out vendor them? I.e. vendor 40g items if theyd give wood ; vendor 50g Items if theyd give iron?
    3. I'm on a complete new account, how do I go about getting greens or perfect weapons for all my charaters/heros? For solo-players is there anything more efficient than leveling a Rit or an Assa to farm them if I don't have the 15p to spend on EotN blues?
    4. Are there any mat-flips that are still worth it? I.e cloth+gold into rare mats?
    5. Is the mercenary pack in the shop useful or just a novelty thing?
    6. Is there anything you'd think a returning player should definitely know about?

    Thank you for your time :)

    submitted by /u/Break1ngPoint
    [link] [comments]

    Rollerbeetle racing seems to be unpopular. X_X

    Posted: 04 May 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    Hello again, so I finally made it to Lion's Arch as a Ranger/Warrior (which I'm loving) and am now trying to do the rollerbeetle racing so I can get the rollerbeetle pet but it seems that the mini-game is rather dead now. Is this the only way to get a rollerbeetle or is there another way? Apologies if I'm being a bother.

    submitted by /u/RenryuuIsura
    [link] [comments]

    New player

    Posted: 04 May 2020 04:45 PM PDT

    Hey guys, i am about to try this game for the first time. Everything i heard about it sounds like a perfect game for me. Great story, rewarding, encourages exploration, lots of content, challenging game, etc... but how is pvp modes? Are they active? I heard that this game has some of the best pvp in the genre, if not the best. I am from EU, but should i choose a NA server? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Nikola2307
    [link] [comments]

    anniversary weapon not in inventory

    Posted: 05 May 2020 01:47 AM PDT

    Edit: Arenanet, fix the contrast on this items please. I found it. The ''Whispers'' bow is basically invisible so I saw the text pop up when talking to a vendor. I then hovered over my empty slots and found it. Thanks for your suggestions, it really helped.

    I just spent 5 proof of legends on a weapon, but it doesn't show in my inventory and also not in the text as having acquired it.

    It did work when I bought my triumph proof though. Anyone got any ideas where it could be or what could have happened?

    I checked my proofs and they did drop 5 so those were taken by the vendor.

    submitted by /u/Ubermisogynerd
    [link] [comments]

    Minis in 2020?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 03:50 PM PDT

    Came back after spending a small portion of my childhood in GW1 and I vividly remember Miniatures being the big thing for trading but now it seems like they don't matter. I have a few questions
    Can you still display minis in towns/have them following you like you used to?
    Are Minis worth anything these days?

    Thanks for any help
    (PS, I am looking for a guild to help me get back into the game, and might start looking to get some specific minis, such as the devourer minis)

    submitted by /u/TheRealSaltyGrease
    [link] [comments]

    Small Guild looking for super casual Alliance

    Posted: 04 May 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    We started playing again with some friends from high school and are looking for a likewise alliance to do anything in this awesome game with some more people.

    We're from the EU (Netherlands) if that's important to know :)

    Message me here or ingame if you know any fun alliances!

    IGN: Valerya Truthseeker

    submitted by /u/JCAV8
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the Elite PvE Skills

    Posted: 04 May 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    Will they always be available to get? As long as you have the Proof of Triumph, right?

    submitted by /u/crazyjacan
    [link] [comments]

    Cursed skillbar

    Posted: 04 May 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    Zodiac Longbow price check

    Posted: 04 May 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    Zodiac Longbow price check

    hey guys coming back to the game and i was wondering if this is worth anything or not. any info would be appreciated!

    https://preview.redd.it/q8jdn2vepuw41.png?width=264&format=png&auto=webp&s=f91adb5c180c21acf87e8e27c284ee5eca222caa

    submitted by /u/Belias_Aybara
    [link] [comments]

    The constant server overload is so offputting.

    Posted: 04 May 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    Nothing worse than seeing your ping spike to 1500-3500 every single day while you're trying to do something, just to find yourself and multiple other party members dead. This has never been an issue when gw had 1000x the player base it has now, so can we please get some extra server capabilities? It's happening so regularly it's discouraging to even attempt anything. EU servers, by the way, NA servers usually don't seem to suffer the same issue (except when they do).

    submitted by /u/Dub-DS
    [link] [comments]

    Canthan Cartographer, requires owned towns areas?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    Does 100% Cantha require you map all the town areas? when I did 100% on my warrior she already had them so T didn't try to do research on it.

    Now that I'm doing it on my nec, I'm wondering if I need all the towns, or if I skip them, I have to do all of FA/JQ?

    submitted by /u/Charte09
    [link] [comments]

    Selling weapon mods/inscriptions and general question about marketplace for mods

    Posted: 04 May 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I have few general questions about selling mods, price checks and few mods to sell. Firstly, do you spend time in Kamadan regularly to buy/sell mods? I drop quite some mods during farming which I consider quite useful but fail to sell them at Kamadan as I usually have to spend there like 30 minutes to sell a single mod. What worked before due to big amount of player has been quite ineffective nowadays, especially if someone wanna buy something less popular like cold damage weapon modificator. I have collected quite some mods (not the really high ends one like apt not attitude, but still useful I think :). Do you sell your mods on kamadan? Or do you write down a list once in a time and post it somewhere? Or do you just trash your mods and insc/salvage them for materials? I have found myself on both sides, someone who wants to sell and someone who wants to buy but no one there selling. I have stumbled upon the GW legacy webpage but I find it very bloated, as mods are in the same category as OS things and everything people find in their inventories. Do you think that GW community could get something from a webpage dedicated only for selling mods/runes, with better search? I find mods and runes to be the most useful and most frequent part of trading with other players when switching builds, making new character, doing SC and think it could deserve its own webpage. What do you think?

    Here is the list of mods I have gathered and would like to sell them. Let me know if you see something useful wanna buy something or if you think that I have the prices wrong. IGN: Keras cz

    Inscriptions

    • DAMAGE
    • Guided by Fate, ins (+15% dmg while enchanted) 2k
    • Strength and Honor, ins (+15% dmg while hp^50%) 2k
    • Dance with dead, ins (+15% dmg while in stance) 2k
    • Vengeance is mine, ins (+20% while hp less than 50%) 2k
    • Brawn over Brains (+15% dmg, -5 energy) 2k
    • ARMOR
    • +10 armor vs piercing, cold, lighting, slashing, insc 1e
    • OTHERS
    • Life is pain, ins (+5 armor , -20 health) 2k
    • Let the Memory Live Again, ins (Halves skill recharge 10%) 1e
    • Dont think twice, ins (Halves casting time of spells 10%) 1e
    • Sheltered by faith, insc (Received physical dmg -2 while enchanted) 1e
    • Run for your life!, insc (Received physical dmg -2 while in stance) 1e
    • Nothing to fear, insc (Received physical dmg -3 while hexed) 1e
    • Master of My Domain, insc (+1 items attrib 20%), 2e

    Spellcasting weapons

    • Swift Staff Head (Halves castim time 10%) 1e
    • Focus core of swiftness (Halves casting time of spells) 1e
    • Wand wrapping of memory (Halves skill recharge on spell attr 20%) 1e
    • Wand wrapping of quickening (Halves skill recharge of spells 10%) 1e
    • +5 armor staff 1e
    • +5 energy while Enchanted, staff 1e
    • +5 energy staff 2e
    • +30hp staff, 2e
    • Staff wraping of mastery (+1 items attrib 20%) 2e

    Martial weapons

    • Vampiric axe, sword, bow 1e
    • Furious sword (double adrenalin gain, 10%) 1e
    • Fire dmg bow 2k
    • +5 armor axe, dagger, sword, bow, 1e
    • +7 armor vs elemental dmg, hammer 1e
    • +30hp shield, axe, staff, dagger, 2e
    • +5 energy axe 2e
    • +20% dmg vs undead, bow, 2e
    submitted by /u/Mirambel1223
    [link] [comments]

    "Your account is not authorized to play Guild Wars" Why is this popping up?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    I have gained access to my very old account which just has one character left, it says i am currently in lions arch with him which proves i have had an account at some point but the game is saying i am not allowed to play and i need to buy the game. Has anyone got any suggestions? I have submitted a ticket but we know that could take a while.

    submitted by /u/Itsfayt3
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment