• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 1, 2020

    Guild Wars [PSA] April fools' day quests are available

    Guild Wars [PSA] April fools' day quests are available


    [PSA] April fools' day quests are available

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    If you go to Embark Beach today and tomorrow you can pick up two quests:

    Annihilator from "Lvl 20 Corporal Bane"

    Annihilator 2: Searing Day from "W20 Corporal Bane"

    During the first quest it's possible to get 0.1% towards Tyrian Cartography from an area usually inaccessible. You can use Cartography Made Easy.

    You also get Vanguard reputation from these quests for the Ebon Vanguard Title.

    submitted by /u/Strekios
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Wars Cash Cup Official Discord

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    Hello all!

    https://discord.gg/qUPk6Cv

    Due to the amount of interest that has been shown. We have decided to make our own dedicated discord server for the Cash Cup! Everyone is able to join. We hope to see you guys there. And as a reminder first Cash Cup is this Sunday, April 5th. Reward: 1,000 USD MINIMUM

    submitted by /u/realAccolade
    [link] [comments]

    A Heroes-only Ironman Ruleset (Ironhero Challenge)

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 01:37 AM PDT

    Still haven't fully decided on the name! One would indicate using this ruleset with "Ironhero" in your name.

    Standard Rules are:

    • Nightfall characters only.
    • No henchmen. You can only use Heroes.
    • Cannot withdraw from storage.
    • Must have skills on the Ironhero before you can equip it onto your heroes. No tomes. Cannot purchase skills that are unlocked on skill trainers.
    • Can only party with heroes and any Iron characters.
    • No bonus items, no mercs, no zaishen menagerie.
    • Cannot use rune traders.
    • Cannot travel to other campaigns until NF is finished. Expansion content (i.e. MOX, eotn, and Beyond) can only be accessed after completing all three campaigns.
    • Must have "Ironhero" in your name.

    Additional Rules:

    • Ultimate: cannot use material traders, cannot use weaponsmiths.
    • Hardcore: permadeath.

    Reason for challenge:

    I think people take henchmen for granted. Their weapons and builds scale with level, there's enough variety, and we don't have to kit them with (elite) skills. Having a Heroes-only run may incite people to think about their builds and party compositions in more creative ways, given how limited one will be with skill points, hero skills points, and plat for skill trainers.

    With only five heroes being obtainable by the time you leave Istan, you'll be understaffed (unless you team up with other Ironheroes). There are fan-made challenges that limit one to have half of the party size limit --a heroes-only run will somewhat mimic that. Bonus points if you go the full run at half-staff! Although I worry starting with two monks, a derv, and a warrior will trivialize the experience.

    Perhaps we're already too familiar with Prophecies skills and it's time to make lemonade out of the Elonian lemons. In my opinion, it's clear that NF offers skills that fill the void created by the Proph and Factions skillsets. Additionally, shouts/chants and enchantments are much more prevalent in NF and some NF skills address this (i.e. slightly different way to design builds).

    Please let me know what you think! I'll be starting a play-through soon. If you see someone with "Ult Ironhero" in their name, say hello :D

    submitted by /u/manta100
    [link] [comments]

    Soon-to-be-returning Player Question

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 02:39 AM PDT

    Im planning to pick up Guild Wars again to get thru this quarantine after my April bills and whatnot are paid for. I haven't played in about 9 years, and I don't even know what email was attached to my account anymore. How would I go about getting back into it? Or should I just cut my losses and start a new account? I'm not against starting all over, I'd just prefer not to if it's avoidable.

    Edit: words are hard

    submitted by /u/evRahe
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for effectively killing Fendi and his soul in HM w/Heroes?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    I have a few different hero teams that work almost flawlessly through the dungeon, but then I get to Fendi and can't figure out the right pull/hero placement/etc tactics required to have a quick and safe boss fight. Normally I'm good with these kinds of things but here I'm just getting spankt lol. Any ideas for shutdown at the boss? Much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/BoopityBlipperty
    [link] [comments]

    Coming back and committing!

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 03:42 PM PDT

    Coming back and committing!

    Hey all! Like all of you still active on this sub-reddit, this game is one of the most meaningful games that I've ever played. I have finally decided to come back and to commit to Guild Wars again. I've started a new sin and have the world ahead of me. Want to team up for missions or quests? Add me! Any and all help is appreciated. My IGN is Shanda Bear and hope to meet many of you that are still keeping this game alive! This game by far has one of the best communities if not THE best community that I have ever been a part of. I've also created a new guild simply to have the tag but would love to have new people join up! Thank you all for keeping this community alive, it's wonderful to see.

    https://preview.redd.it/ax725h4l63q41.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=1fb3561c555563dd236f2a017b100581c3085965

    submitted by /u/Shandabear
    [link] [comments]

    Sentinel's insignia

    Posted: 01 Apr 2020 05:07 AM PDT

    Does it give half the armour (10) if 13 strength req is not met like shields do?

    submitted by /u/akkahu_albar
    [link] [comments]

    2 players + 6 heroes UW ?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    Hi,

    A friend and I were wondering if it was possible to clear the UW, Dhuum included, by playing together with heroes.

    Is it possible to do it ? With what profession ? And what about the heroes build ? Thank you and long live GW.

    submitted by /u/Isaac_Serdwick
    [link] [comments]

    GUILD WARS - ASSASSIN FARM: FOW BEACH

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    Hi guys. White Widow here. I've been playing guild wars for a long time. Recently got into it again and to make it a bit more fun I decided to start a gaming channel. For the time being I'll be focusing on Guild Wars.

    Anyways this is my first vid and it's basically a guide on how to farm FoW beach for obsidian shards. Would appreciate it if you took a look. Gotta warn you though. English is my 2nd language

    Have fun guys

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c755pehoegc

    submitted by /u/animefan293
    [link] [comments]

    EZ Vanquish today

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    Just giving an FYI post to any folks that might want it. Tonight's vanquish (Tahnnakai Temple)) can be done with killing only 2 enemies if you have the "A Meeting With the Emperor" quest active.

    Because we're on VQ bonus week you'll get an easy 300 copper coins :)

    submitted by /u/Alaykitty
    [link] [comments]

    Unlocking Skills (PvE)

    Posted: 31 Mar 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm getting back into GW and I'm so rusty it's not funny. I know that I can buy skills from skill trainers throughout the world, but their selection kinda sucks. How do I unlock skills to be purchased for me, not my heroes? I know unlocking PvP skills opens them up for my PvE heroes, but what about my character? I want more variety than like the 15 the skill trainers have.

    submitted by /u/AeroStatikk
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment