• Breaking News

    Monday, February 17, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 In case you didn't know, there's a giant fan underneath Brisban Wildlands fueling the Skritt's entire operation

    Guild Wars 2 In case you didn't know, there's a giant fan underneath Brisban Wildlands fueling the Skritt's entire operation


    In case you didn't know, there's a giant fan underneath Brisban Wildlands fueling the Skritt's entire operation

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 01:41 AM PST

    Key farmers every week.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 01:45 PM PST

    [Fanart] Quick Drakkar drawn on my smartphone before sleeping c:

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 11:44 PM PST

    The Commander And The Invitation

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 10:42 PM PST

    Why GW2's PvE is terrible at teaching the game - An Introspection.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 06:06 PM PST

    GW2's PvE is pretty terrible at teaching players how to actually play the game. It doesn't teach much about the game's mechanics, how to control and play your character, and overall how to actually improve at the game. This is not news, nor is this controversial. However, I was thinking about why this is the case a little bit, and I think I've come to one conclusion, that is, quite simply, GW2's PvE does not have enemies that dodge. I want to ask /r/guildwars2 what you guys think about this conclusion,and hear other people's opinions and ideas on the matter.

    I am a PvP main player that also dabbles in PvE. Almost everything I learned about controlling and playing my character, I learned in PvP. I have never had any trouble transferring the skills I learned in PvP into PvE, whereas I always see the PvE main players trying to enter into PvP and having a very difficult time. Similar issues arise whenever any sort of "challenging" PvE content presents itself. Heart of Thorns release, raids, strike missions, and most recently, the Drakkar meta. The "average," PvE player struggles, lots of complaints come up, and discussion often culminates about the whole "skill gap," and how the "average," PvE player doesn't know how to play the game well, etc, and of course, how to bring others "up to par."

    I've thought about why this is the case for a little bit, and come to the conclusion that GW2's PvE does not teach players timing. It does not teach players when to use their skills, when to dodge, when to attack, when to CC, when to do anything. The reason for this stems from the fact that enemies in PvE do not dodge (often), and there is no punishment for players using skills at the wrong time. Players do not learn when they should use their skills, when or even how to "set up" anything, and everything kind of becomes fire and forget.

    GW2 PvE is interesting in that you literally do not need to use anything but spamming 1 to "beat the game" most of the time. Everything else is convenience, including the skillbar 2-0, dodging, and gear. As such especially regarding the skillbar 2-0, and dodging, the only difference between "good" use and "bad use" is timing.

    Because enemies in PvE don't dodge at all, fire and forget is enough to carry someone through the game. However, when those other mechanics, the skillbar 2-0, dodging, and gear come into play, fire and forget, and spamming skills off cooldown doesn't suffice anymore which is where the huge player skill gap comes up. Suddenly that Mesmer Sword 2 is needed for more than "DPS," or using that revenant staff 5 at the wrong time means that your team doesn't break the CC bar, or that you're in a bad position. Suddenly you need that dodgeroll to actually evade an attack instead of simply "moving faster." There are many examples of this, but this case is especially obvious when watching a PvE-main thief player play the game, compared to a PvP-main thief player playing the game. The timing of skill use means everything for a thief in PvP, but almost nothing for a thief in PvE, and so the difference is huge.

    I want to ask /r/guildwars2 what you guys think about the conclusion that i have come to, that GW2 PvE does not teach its players timing because enemies in PvE do not dodge, and hear other people's opinions and ideas on the matter. I feel that if players in PvE learned how to time their skills, and thus how to actually "use" them well, all other issues regarding challenging content in GW2's PvE would eventually resolve themselves as well.

    tl;dr Enemies in GW2 PvE do not dodge. Players don't get punished for using skills at bad times. Everything is fire and forget. Punish bad use of skills and dodges, teach players timing, improve player skills.

    submitted by /u/Devoa
    [link] [comments]

    Regarding Bjora Marches

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 02:14 PM PST

    Hey guys!

    So there are a few things I'd like to discuss with you since they extended the map with EP2. I've been looking forward to finally fight Jormag after the few missions of the main campaign and visit the Far Shiverpeaks since they released HoT because I wanted to see what they could do here after the awesome HoT map design.

    The map itself is looking gorgeous for me, it has quite a lot of different areas and the overall dark vibe you feel here is very well met. As soon as you do your first steps on this map in EP1 of the living story Icebrood Saga you know that this is a scary and dangerous place.

    However there's a few things that really keeps this map from being a true masterpiece:

    1. The extension of the map with the western side. After they told us they would rather extend living story maps instead of releasing a totally new one like in S3 and S4 I was quite excited. But sadly it feels more like 2 single maps with a little tunnel to connect them. I think they could have done tihs much better.
    2. The events and overall occurances are rather boring compared to HoT. In the Maguuma jungle you always have this feeling lingering in your mind that everything and everyone wants to kill you and it's pretty dangerous. The event chains usually fit the maps very well in terms of being climatic to the theme of the map. For example rescuing pact member after the crash and collecting ressources. Bjora feels more like they shuffled a lot of events together and besides the meta there are no real event chains.

    I hope they improve upon this for the next map or episode, especially on point 2 as this makes map much more interesting to play and keeps people coming back to play it besides achievements and collections.

    submitted by /u/Elessar_IX
    [link] [comments]

    Me and my friends need some advise as ‘’starters’’

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 06:06 AM PST

    Hi Reddit it's my first post here and sorry if there is people asking for this already. Me and my 2 friends started to play this fabulous game 2 weeks ago and we all bought the dlc's because we felt in love with it, the first thing we did was to use the boost and go to Path of Fire dlc to unlock the mounts since this was going to help us a lot to move from map to map and to get the 100% completion of the maps, atm we are unlocking maps doing world bosses and farming rares to sell the ''ectoplasm'' (I think this is the name) and get money to buy another mounts.

    My question is: Is there any place that we can group with a big group of people that keep farming a map and running around doing this thing I called ''public events'' to get itens and sell it on the market? We are kinda ''lost'' on what to do but not at the same time, we know that the game has SO MANY things to be done and we are having SO MUCH FUN because each map has a different event and activities and that's so nice! Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/luizfernandofmf
    [link] [comments]

    What weapon should I use as a Mesmer?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 01:49 PM PST

    Hi!

    Im new to the game, just started playing! I used my boost on a Mesmer and I'm a little confused about what weapons I should use. I like the attacks with greatswords, but Im not sure if that's the right weapon choice for me? I tried using a shield as well, but wasn't too fond of the defensive abilities, I'd rather have something offensive there.

    Im also not sure about the elite specializations, but I'll just do some trial and error I guess. Do I really have to use a shield as a Chronomancer, for example?

    submitted by /u/Vinoue
    [link] [comments]

    Picture of my Weaver a friend made for me

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 09:58 AM PST

    Most Fun Legendary questline?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 01:43 AM PST

    I recently finished the shining blade, i only had to do smithing for this one, now i want to start a collection for a new Legendary, so which one do you think has the msot fun questline?

    submitted by /u/Mithrandir_MH
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of starting gw2

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 06:37 AM PST

    Hi,

    I'm a long time WoW player been playing for 12years, and I've given the game do manu chances. It seems like it is beyond redemption as devs or the publisher are only interested in milking the fan base till the bitter end.

    Does gw2 have mythic+ or similar systems? Which class would be wow mage equivalent? I will play on EU what server is preferred in the region?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Baltrakus
    [link] [comments]

    Fruit Tree Draconis Mons, Does anyone know what it is ? I don't remember seeing it there before. its along the path towards the second level not to far up from Maranier Landing Waypoint

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 11:30 AM PST

    Anyone else been experiencing a lot of random lag and DCs lately? Seems super unstable

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 10:36 AM PST

    Basically title, consecutive pings to other servers in EU are all normal, other online games normal. Just seems to be this game intermittently.

    submitted by /u/Novuake
    [link] [comments]

    high ping

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 05:54 AM PST

    i play in NA server .my ping is around 250 but it changes all the time , sometimes even 3500, please tell me how can i get low ping....i stay in india by the way

    submitted by /u/Emprazon
    [link] [comments]

    What is the reason they wen't with LS5? Wouldn't an expansion make them more money than free content?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 06:39 AM PST

    I say this as a WvW player that doesn't follow PvE things lol, genuinly curious as i don't see how an xpack would have been the financially superior option to also spark interest from non-players again.

    submitted by /u/DAANHHH
    [link] [comments]

    First I see people bashing this skin then it’s a gift. I’ll just be grateful for the luck :)

    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 05:32 AM PST

    Key Binds without Gaming Mouse and Keyboard

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 11:43 PM PST

    I use this keybinds before as my friends ask me how do i even play scourge way back and elementalist...

    F1 = C, F2 = E, F3 = R, F4 = T, F5 = G... Utility skills are Y V B and elite skill is X :) and My Dodge is Q

    I know some players lay off on some classes that has to much key bind. Hope this helps

    submitted by /u/SheepPoop
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment