• Breaking News

    Monday, December 9, 2019

    Guild Wars 2 The Commander And Lines

    Guild Wars 2 The Commander And Lines


    The Commander And Lines

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 11:11 PM PST

    Here's my second caped toon. All are standard in-game armor pieces except the cape.

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 05:14 AM PST

    Found a way into the old, closed path of Twilight Arbor.

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 06:20 AM PST

    https://youtu.be/8h227BikaJI

    While waiting around before the living story episode we set out with some friends to try and get into the old TA path to see how it's doing. Its first half is sort of okay with mobs spawned, but the bridge leading to the bee event does not spawn, and the "stealth" which you get from the flower does not work either against the one-shot bees either. Afterwards however, the path is unfortunately sealed with a gate, along with an invisible wall and this is where our journey ended.

    Fun fact: When the NPC enters this old path, she actually utters parts the old dialogues.

    submitted by /u/where_the_muslims_at
    [link] [comments]

    Intense FPS drops and general low fps

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 03:58 AM PST

    So i can run new Call Of Duty on easily steady 80+ fps and i cant run GW2 thats looks 10x worse and is 10x older than cod. Anyone know what i would need to upgrade or fix to get better fps? When i move around the camera really fast it sometimes even drop to 20 fps, ususally ive got like 40 to 100 and it depends what i look at.

    I checked few topics about fps issues in gw2 and everybody said its cpu heavy and i need at least 4 cores 8 threads with 3.4+ ghz so i do and i still got a lot of problems. Any idea what can help or what cpu i'd need to get good steady 100fps on high quality? I've got i7 3770 3.4GHz, gtx 1060 6gb, 16gb ram

    submitted by /u/PTK69
    [link] [comments]

    Glide-r-Tron and Job-o-Tron could be a glider/backpack combo

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:24 PM PST

    Thinking about returning to GW2, got a few questions

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 03:02 AM PST

    Casual player, interested in open world, maybe dungeons and fractals and RP. Would play with a friend. No raids, no pvp. Played the game a long time ago, before the first expansion. Have a leveled character but I'd make a new one.

    1. Is the game microtransactions heavy? Do I need to pay for anything other than Living Story, skins and QoL items like endless gathering tools?
    2. Do I need to buy the expansion/s before finishing the main game? Will I miss anything important without them?
    3. Is grinding out dungeon gear still as tiresome as it was in the past? Are some of the dungeons (Ruined City of Arah... aaargh, the pain) and fractals still as hard as they were?
    4. Lazy person, doesn't plan on spending hours every day playing the game - which will I be better off with, crafting or only gathering mats and selling them for profit?

    Thanks in advance :).

    submitted by /u/AnotherSmartNickname
    [link] [comments]

    A bump for content creators

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 12:03 PM PST

    I think there's something missing in the GW2 community, and that's content creators on YouTube.

    Don't get me wrong, I've seen some of them. WoodenPotatoes, MightyTeapot, Deroir, Noody, Cellofrag to name a few. But generally they post stuff I'm not too interested in watching. PvP and/or WvW roaming/montages, chatting about the latest patch and how some traits have changed or playing through raid bosses on CM. I'm not saying this is the only thing they upload, it's just the general view I've gotten from just glancing over the majority of the channels.

    I'm a PvE player myself, (and I know I'm in the minority when I say this) but I play GW2 because of the story. It's the first thing I check when I play an MMO, if the story is interesting to me. If it isn't, I move on. (Of course there's lots of other factors that play in whether I decide to stay, but the story is the biggest one). So if I see a video that has to do with lore and/or the latest Living World episode, I usually watch that. WoodenPotatoes's trailer analyzes, and sometimes playthroughs of the episode itself, I usually watch to see if he has any input on them with his vast lore knowledge (which I highly admire) that I didn't know beforehand.

    Not only a PvE player, but a content creator myself, can you guess where I draw my ideas from? You guessed it, the story. It's my main source of inspiration. I come up with stories regularly in my head when I listen to music, but only the best ones makes it into a video.
    Just today, I released this video with a Sabaton song that fit incredibly well about the Commander and the war against the Elder Dragons.

    Now, it doesn't have to be videos specifically about the story. Music videos, tributes to the game, epic music combined with amazing shots. These all count. And parody videos of course. (Oh my god, how could I forget to mention Noxxi, the Noxxian at the start? Your parodies give me life <3)

    I've been on the lookout for other content creators like this. There are barely any. The ones I've found done similar videos usually have a small subscriber amount or have done just the one video I stumbled upon. Let me list some that I feel like deserve more recognition.
    In the wake of the PoF release 2 years ago, multiple Griffon videos surfaced on YouTube. Many guides how to acquire it. But one I watched and gave me motivation to start the grind for this epic mount, was this video with chef's kiss transitions. (I even made one myself because it inspired me so much). Other videos I'll highlight are this lovely tribute to the game before the HoT launch, I don't understand a word of French but this dancing video was awesome to watch, this beetle racing video with editing that's blended beautifully with the music, (let's be honest, visuals being in perfect sync with the audio is super satisfactory). And lastly, how can I not include a video with Fear Not This Night, which gives me flashbacks to my newbie days back in 2015 every time I hear it.

    So, what do I want to say with this post? I really hope more people that feel creative aren't afraid to upload their own stuff! I'd love to see more content like this within the GW2 community on YouTube. Personally, I'm currently working on a small tribute video to the mounts, since IMO they're the best mounts created within the MMO genre. And one day I'd love to make a video with a shot similar to this, but instead of ships it's skyscales (and maybe not as many). How cool wouldn't that be? Just need to find friends to record it with
    Anyhow, if anyone else here on Reddit knows of videos/content creators similar to what I've talked about, don't hesitate to give me links so I can check them out!

    submitted by /u/Northena
    [link] [comments]

    Fun Builds

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 02:28 AM PST

    Guild Wars 2 is all about fun and sweet sweet legendaries. I see a lot of guides and good builds but I rarely see anyone talking about the most important aspect of each profession: Fun Factor!So, what are some fun builds you like to play? Obviously something that works (even if very suboptimally).

    Bonus points if you have any fun build for Engineer, Revenant or Mesmer

    submitted by /u/bluecontrol
    [link] [comments]

    QoL feature request: Name bank tabs

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 02:40 PM PST

    I know this has been suggested for over 7+ years, and I know the code at this point is so spaghetti that it'd make an Italian blush, but this would be a great QoL feature that hopefully wouldn't be too time-demanding for a dev to tackle.

    Make it happen ANet!

    submitted by /u/Rapturos
    [link] [comments]

    The reason why content creators are afraid to play this game,also why this game is "dying"

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 07:51 AM PST

    When a big streamer shows interest in this game, people on the sub are negative about it. This pushes the streamer away and stops the game from getting any advertisement that is free. Why do you think anet focuses so much on gem store sale and did not add any raids/fractals/pvp content?

    How can they pay their engineers to add content for you guys, if you guys are discouraging streamers to stream this game which lowers their revenue?

    For example, https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/e7s3am/another_larger_streamer_wants_to_try_gw2/

    See the comments in this thread, I am not saying whether it is wrong or right to voice your opinion but your opinions are suggesting for any streamers who aren't streaming this game to not stream the game you like and bring in more players to play alongside with you.

    If people like kripp or tides aren't comfortable with your game due to the audience's reaction, you are just telling 10-20k viewers to not play or watch the game that you like.

    Furthermore, if you have spent money on this game, shouldn't you be happy that there are more people to play a multiplayer game with you?

    submitted by /u/giveme80gold
    [link] [comments]

    When does Wintersday start?

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 03:24 AM PST

    Are there any people who use this face for their female charr? I'm curious since I dont see it being used that often.

    Posted: 09 Dec 2019 06:40 AM PST

    New Necro seeking help.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 04:55 PM PST

    I'm fairly new to GW2, started about a month ago and it's great.
    I picked necro as my first character. I've completed most story stuff now, but my damage seems very low. I've been running Death Magic/Soul Reaping/Reaper, it's fairly sturdy and has minions without them being permanent.
    The death magic trait line seems very interesting to me, especially "Death Nova", but the minions from that trait either die after any fight I'm in, the poison novas they place aren't very helpful or they don't spawn on single target fights and "Rise!" isn't much better.
    I tried to do Curses instead of Death Magic, as I prefer condition damage over power, but I only feel more fragile with a little gain in damage.

    I wanna keep playing with Death Magic without going full minion build, but I'm struggling too much in general content.
    Any guidance on runes, sigils, traits and abilities? I wish to keep playing Reaper as I don't enjoy Scourge and prefer it over core.

    submitted by /u/Occvltism
    [link] [comments]

    Custom battle music broken?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 11:07 AM PST

    Some of you don't know but there is a niche feature to replace various conditions of music within the game with your own playlist. Over the past few months I've curated around 12 hours worth of combat tracks exclusively for sPVP.

    The last hotfix seems to have broke the Battle music but Ambient, Defeat and Character Select all work fine. You may argue that you could just play your own playlist (Which I have) But when the game chooses to play THIS after a respawn (As tracks rotated after death or ending) then you know that the gods of slam are asking for a dunking.

    Also, combat music (Even unmodded) seems to be broken in Dijinn's Domination. I assume that map is supposed to use PoF music but that may have broken it.

    submitted by /u/_Cuilan
    [link] [comments]

    Question on face-sliders

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 05:51 PM PST

    Hi everyone,

    All the characters I ever make don't look too great for some reason so I started browsing the internet looking for inspiration. I saw this post http://dulfy.net/2018/05/22/gw2-gemstore-update-elonian-elementalist-outfit/ and was wondering if anyone could give me the face sliders for the human female in purple? (Its the second one down from the top) All helpful comments are appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/Palando123
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment